PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Opinions on bases and mount, please verify

rossfox
07-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Hello all. After asking for advice on a mounting system for my Simmons Whitetail Classic scope of 6.5x20xx50mm to mount on my new .17 BSEV, I gather that the EGW base and Burris Signature rings are an excellent way to go. Do you guys agree? My scope is a 1" tube, a 2.5" front objective and a 1.65" rear objective. Are there any specific model numbers or descriptions of these makes that I should order to make sure that I get the right parts - clearance and all that good stuff. I don't want to be lazy and not do the research myself, but I figure most of you that target shoot know exactly what I need. Thanks Ross

TOP PREDATOR
07-20-2010, 04:00 PM
i'd also look into rimfire technologies bases, i find them much nicer and a few more features to them that makes life easier.

burris makes good rings and will be just fine for your setup.

i'm not sure what height rings you would need though for that 50 mm, this may help you out:
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227512

jwpark
07-21-2010, 03:37 AM
Yeah, I like Rimfire Technologies 1 piece base better than EGW for Savage rimfire rifles

rossfox
07-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Thanks guys, that was a big help. I think I am going with a Warne Quick Detach extra high .650". That way I can quickly remove my scope from my Savage 93 and mount it quickly on my AR15. I know that I will have to recalibrate my scope to the swap, but I just target shoot and take a leisurely day at the range. Ross

Blue Avenger
07-23-2010, 04:18 PM
spacing going to be right or are you going to have to move ring spacing each time?

King Ghidora
07-23-2010, 09:04 PM
I have a Rimfire Technologies one piece mount on my MkII and it's a fine piece of equipment. It's very strong so there's no possibility that it's going to flex easily. It also has a perfect cutout for loading and unloading rounds from the chamber with the scope still mounted. Sometimes a one piece mount can cause problems if you need to get a round out that was a FTE or whatever. But the RT mount doesn't cause any problems there. I've mounted multiple scopes on this mount too. I've never had a problem getting one in the right place. I haven't had to move my rings because of swapping scopes either.