PDA

View Full Version : Savage Model 10 Precision Carbine or Savage Model 11 VT?

DuckatronPrime
06-02-2016, 06:33 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new to Savage rifles and was looking into getting one of the two. I dont know any of the pro's and cons of either so I figured I'd start here. I prefer the get them in a .308. Thank you in advance and any help is appreciated!

Robinhood
06-02-2016, 08:17 PM
What do you need in a rifle? What type of shooting? How far? How much will you be shooting at one sitting?

DuckatronPrime
06-02-2016, 09:04 PM
I'm going to be using it primarily for range shooting at hunting. I plan on doing some longer range shooting. I plan on doing a fair amount at one sitting as well.

Robinhood
06-02-2016, 11:37 PM
I'm guessing you are looking at a used Precision Carbine? I have never had either but I think either one would be good and even better with an upgraded stock. They have the same action, The barrel dimensions are a little different. The stock on the PC is, or was a little better if I remember correctly it is an Accustock, with detachable magazine. I always liked the PC but one never found its way into the safe. If there is a scope on the VT you will outgrow that quickly. IMHO your mileage may vary.

Do a Google search for reviews. I bet you turn up a lot of data.

DuckatronPrime
06-03-2016, 01:34 AM
I was wrong. Dicks doesn't have the pc, they only have an FCP. According to him if I buy the 11, I'm basically getting a model 10

Robinhood
06-03-2016, 06:34 AM
Yep, Both have inferior stocks. The FCP has the Accustock and a cool magazine.