PDA

View Full Version : Question about PAD

junyeon82
07-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Hey guys, I'm totally new to the rifle world, and I just got my Savage 10fxp from walmart two days ago.

My question is "is the recoil pad" easy to change?
I accidentally scratched it against sharp surface and tore like 1/4 inch.

82boy
07-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Welcome to the site, It is not hard to change, but they are hard to find replacements.

DontTreadMe
07-21-2010, 04:42 AM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm not sure it will work 100% on your stock, but you should be able to get a grind to fit limb saver recoil pad for $30 or so. I have one on my 110 in 30-06 and I love it. I can shoot all day without pain.

hailstone
07-22-2010, 06:35 PM
Here's a link to information by a gunsmith on fitting pads to stocks. He doesn't think too much of the Limbsaver grind to fit pads. I tend to agree but with all the Limbsaver pads. Too many of my shooting buddies with Remingtons are having trouble with the pads litterally being glued too the floor of there gun safes. Seems there's some type of problem with the materials used in manufacture. Remington has been replacing the pads for customers. My own experiences with there pads are my basis for the opinion.

http://www.shootersforum.com/showthread.htm?t=66732

jpdown
07-22-2010, 08:36 PM
The Kick-Eez pad IMO is as good as the Limbsaver and much easier to work with in my experience. Print the the Kick-Eez templates from the online site and match with the one that has the closest fit for your stock with the P.A.D. removed. You can find a close fit, order online and easily sand to fit.

orchemo
07-23-2010, 03:06 AM
Somewhere I have a PAD pad. Email me your address and I will send it to you. If it fits great if not pass it along

Orchemo@yahoo.com

Eric