PDA

View Full Version : Modern savage bolt action differences.

Ryfulman
05-30-2016, 03:28 PM
Hey guys.
So I tried the search function before posting this question but I must be computer illiterate or something. If this question has been played out if you can just please post a link instead of wasting your time answering.

So I know that the 3 digit actions are the long version and 2 digit are the short version of the action(11 vs 111) so I'm wondering what are the differences in actions.
For example the 10,11,12,14,16 etc. What are the differences between these actions. I've got a model 11 short action,I know the 111 is the long version of this action. But let's say from a model 11 to the 16 for example what are the differences between them,and the others.
I know the model 10 long action is a single shot but the short action is mag fed(or I'm confusing it with the model 12,if someone can clarify please)
I know this has probably been answered so if there is a thread someone can link me to that has this info id appreciate it,or if someone knows the specific differences that would be awesome.
This question is just to satisfy my undying need to know. I'm the kind of guy that once im interested in something I must know absolutely everything about it. All the subtleties,variances etc so thank you for indulging me.
This model 11 is my first savage
i went from milsurps and lever actions(my Swiss k-31 will put 6 shots into a cloverleaf at 100 meters)to 2 Thompson center dimensions,which have been phenomenal as far as shooters,to this savage which,like my dimensions,shot sub moa right out of the box and in the case of the savage put the first 4 shots(22-250)into the same hole,so this certainly will be the first of many savages that will grace the confines of my safe
I see that I'm not the only one who is having feeding problems. If I don't keep the headstamps away from the back of the mag it just won't feed,but apparently is a common issue. Easy to remedy.
Anyway if someone can inform me of the differences between actions that would be great.

Just modern center fire please. I don't need to go back into the history,just what's currently available.

Robinhood
05-30-2016, 03:54 PM
As far as dimensions with the exception of target actions, they are all the same. It's more of a serries rather than a different action. Subtle things like bluing or black coating. Wood stock or synthetic. Savage has a crazy nomenclature that takes a while to get down. Look around in the facts section and you will lean more about it.