PDA

View Full Version : Xlr carbon fit both releases

Savageman25
05-30-2016, 01:49 PM
I believe I have seen pictures of a bottom bolt release savage in an Xlr carbon chassis for the side bolt release. Am I imagining this or is this possible? If it is possible, then can you still reach the bottom bolt release or do you have to remove the action in order reach it?

Robinhood
05-30-2016, 02:46 PM
If you go to their web sight and choose options you will see that they have a bottom bolt release option. It is very nicely done. You mayor may not have trouble with a Sav2 RB trigger install.

Savageman25
05-30-2016, 03:05 PM
Thanks for your reply. I know that they have the option for bottom bolt release or the side release. I am wondering if you can put a bottom bolt release in a side release model. Why, you might ask? Simple, I want the ability to be able to put either side or bottom bolt release in a single chassis instead of having two chassis's.

Savageman25
05-30-2016, 03:09 PM
Tried to post a picture of a bottom release in a side release chassis. The pic won't show up. My real concern is being able to reach the release. Having to remove the action to release the bolt just doesn't seem worth the trouble.

Robinhood
05-30-2016, 03:19 PM
After rereading my post I wasn't clear. If you get the bottom release chassis the top release will more than likely work without mods. If anything you will need to remove some material on the inner side by the release arm of the sear. If you go the other way then you are up a creek without a paddle with your bottom release action.

Savageman25
05-30-2016, 03:23 PM
I see what your saying. Thanks

Savageman25
05-30-2016, 03:28 PM
Check out this guys blog.

http://93zj.blogspot.com/2014/06/xlr-industries-bottom-bolt-release-for.html

it seems he has a bottom in a side release in the pics.

Savageman25
05-30-2016, 03:33 PM
It seems I found my answer on that site. Had to do a little digging.
http://93zj.blogspot.com/2014/03/savage-10tr-in-xlr-carbon-chassis.html
It talks about how it was hard to reach the release in what seems to be the side release model.