PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: 22LR at 100yds, fun to watch

mtnhighlander
07-18-2010, 11:08 AM
;D

So I went to the hills yesterday to get out of the heat, I live at 5000ft elevation and went up to 8000ft., it was nice a cool.
Anyway I finished my testing at 50yds with my Savage Mark II TR and found that the best ammo for me was the Wolf Match Target,
so I proceeded to do some shooting at 100yds since it was about dead calm for wind. At 100yds you can see the bullet fly and drop
in the scope, its a kick to see the bullet flight path so clear. I wish I could hook up a camera to my scope and capture some video of
the flight. When I use to varmint hunt when the humidity was high you could follow the vortex of the bullet in the scope. Has any one tried to video the bullet flight for the 22LR at 100yds it would be cool to see.

TOP PREDATOR
07-25-2010, 04:55 PM
i had a link somewhere where the shooting was at 200 yards, but of course i can't find it right now.

you'll notice it even more if you adjust the objective lens just out of focus while shooting 100 yards. (ever so slightly to the minus side of 100)

Dust_Remover
08-25-2010, 12:00 AM
I taped my last outing at 150, however I haven't done anything with the video yet as the groups were less than impressive. Next time that I go out i'm going to go back to 200 and 300 and see how it does, should be this weekend if there's enough time between the matches. Most of the time, when I shoot 25 or 50 yards, I see the bullets then, however once I stretch the legs out the bullet rises out of the field of view and I lose it.

Branden