PDA

View Full Version : Savage RBLP target action bolt spacing

Randyc
05-26-2016, 07:22 PM
Hey guys,
anybody shooting a new model 18182 RBLP savage target action that knows for sure or can measure and tell me what the bolt centers actually are?
I have read many different sizes on here and other www places. Would like to know for certain.

Thank you to everyone that posts here for our reading, you solve issues you are never aware of I'm sure.

m12lrs
05-26-2016, 09:39 PM
I think it is 3.44

Randyc
05-26-2016, 10:29 PM
Thanks m12Irs
i have read the dual port is 3.44
the others are 4.4
amd the two end bolts are 4.4
but have no definite answer from a good source with confirmed measurements.
I am considering buying one but need to know what the spacing is exactly to see if it can be used with any of my other stocks.
So therefore I need exact confirmed measurements

sharpshooter
05-27-2016, 12:12 AM
You won't know till you get it. The "standard " spacing for that model is 4.400, but there have been many that have had the incorrect spacing for the particular model. The Palma rifle, and the dual port BR model are the only models to have that 3.44 spacing, but I have seen many of the RBLP have the same thing....because someone screwed up at the factory. Yes it is confirmed there are ******* versions floating around.
If you happen to get one that is 3.44",drill& tap 1 new hole and just tap the other.

m12lrs
05-27-2016, 06:37 AM
Sorry about that. Mine is the dual port.

Randyc
05-27-2016, 01:58 PM
That's ok m12lrs, like I always say any and all info greatly appreciated.
Thank you sharpshooter I will keep that in mind and see if I can get the dealer to have it confirmed before I take it. My dealer is pretty easy to work with, he actually has one on the shelf in a .204 but I can't get him to separate the action from the HS stock and barrel. But I did try. Ha ha

Randyc
05-27-2016, 03:37 PM
If I understand it.righg, the new target actions have 3 screws

m12lrs
05-27-2016, 07:14 PM
If I understand it.righg, the new target actions have 3 screws

And those screws don't come with the action. You have to call savage and give them your serial number and what kind of stock it is going in. I know because I just did it. I have 2 of the dual port actions. Called savage and this very nice lady fixed me up. No charge they came in the mail a few days later. Stll waiting on the stock so I just put them in the box with the action.

cdhbrad
05-27-2016, 08:38 PM
You don't need to remove the action from the stock to accurately measure the bolt spacing between the front and rear bolts.