PDA

View Full Version : Model 111 .30-06 Question

fzuazo
05-25-2016, 03:25 PM
Greetings all,

I have a Savage Model 111 .30-06 (with a fixed integral magazine) and I am looking for information on replacing the stock and if at all possible converting it to a removable magazine.

Unfortunately I have not been able to find any information on this rifle online, it's like it does not exist. Also, I think that the trigger may be adjustable, but again I have not been able to find any information about this rifle, I emailed Savage in the hopes of getting a copy of the manual but never got a response.

Any light you all may be able to shed on this would be GREATLY appreciated. I don't have the rifle with me now, but later this evening I will be able to add pictures of the rifle if any are necessary to further identify it.

darkker
05-25-2016, 03:34 PM
Just need to do a little searching here in the forums.
Don't get hung-up on the specific number(model 111) ALL 3-digit models are the same, just have different niceties. As you will see on about any stock makers websites, there are different action screw spacings, to account for the magazine configuration. It will either be a stagger-feed, or a center-feed model.

shagerott
05-25-2016, 04:36 PM
FAQs have pictures and information on the different actions. LA use same screw spacing. Round accu trigger vs older flat back, old top bolt release vs bottom bolt release. Some of these require some fitting to a stock.

I search Cabelas until I find a SN that has what I am looking for. I put that into the Sav parts finder. Also Numrich has schematics and parts that can help you plan it out.