PDA

View Full Version : A17/A22 Series: Savage A22

Pages : 1 [2]

Hoghunter2
03-06-2017, 08:52 PM
I have had NO problems with my A22. First thing I did was lube the action with EWL oil and its been good to me. I can't say its the oil or I just have a good working gun but if it works, don't change it - right .

I'm having the same trouble prairie dog shooter had . I hope they will correct the problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoghunter2
03-08-2017, 07:32 PM
I'm having the same trouble prairie dog shooter had . I hope they will correct the problems.

Do you know if A22 model is giving people a lot of problems?

J.Baker
03-08-2017, 09:25 PM
Well that's a first, never seen someone quote themselves and then ask themselves a question.

Hoghunter2
03-10-2017, 09:14 PM
I've never tried an online forum before as you might have noticed . I thought just maybe I could get a little help . I quest I chose the wrong forum . So with my apologies, please equse my ignorance .

J.Baker
03-10-2017, 10:00 PM
Wasn't poking fun Hoghunter, I just figured you maybe did it on accident when attempting to quote someone else's post.

As for getting help, as you can see from the limited number of posts in this board there hasn't been a ton of interest in the A17/A22's on this site. I pointed out the feeding issues I had in the two A17's Savage sent me to review a couple years ago, and based on my experience with them it seems to be magazine related. First rifle I got had a failure rate of 53% with the supplied magazine for the first 60 rounds. Savage then sent me three replacement magazines to try and they were better, but still had a 23% failure rate with them over the course of shooting 420 rounds of ammo - though many could possibly be due to shooting 100 rounds of the older/slower 17 HMR ammunition. Overall the rifle had a 27% failure rate over the course of 480 rounds.

After publishing that review Savage sent me a second A17 to review. This one proved to be 99.2% reliable. The only two failures were a failure to feed the last round from the magazine on two occasions which can likely be contributed to the follower spring being a little light.

In the end you've really already done the only thing you can, and that is contact Savage. More often than not they will want the rifle back as they want to see exactly what is going on so they can identify the problem and hopefully correct it in future production runs.

Hoghunter2
03-10-2017, 11:28 PM
Thanks for taking the time to inform me of your experience. I'm new to this forum stuff and I don't fully understand everything yet .