PDA

View Full Version : Bottom bolt release to top bolt release

mike.223
05-24-2016, 08:08 PM
I know this post has ben beat to death, but one more ? I have a model 11vt from dicks I want to convert to top release. Anyone have part numbers to do this. Pictures would help. I have a mod. 10 that has the top release and looking at each one there is a big difference. I saw a number on the triggers one was a 4 and the other was a 8. Do the numbers mean any thing?

Robinhood
05-24-2016, 10:20 PM
The sear, sear spring and the longer trigger hanger pin is the only change. You need to have the side of the receiver milled to do it correctly. Some have bent the side release over but there is a chance it breaks off and is a hack In my opinion. I don't have the numbers sorry.

Edit: lust looked these up on Numrich. Do not know if these are the accurate savage numbers or they are Numrich's #'s.
Sear - 139590C
Spring - 139590C
Pin - 1348790F

futurerider103
05-27-2016, 09:04 PM
I used my botom bolt release spring with my top release sear. I also used my botom release pin in my top release with no issues.

I did bend mine because I was not going to mil the side of my lightweight hunter action and I don't see how is consisted a hack job but to each his own I guess