PDA

View Full Version : Is this center feed?

KMAY
07-17-2010, 09:37 PM
Hey guys, I am trying to order a 223 mag box for my center feed stevens. Is this the right one? I cant find anything that is says that it is center feed or staggered feed. I want to make sure before i order so i can make my rifle a repeater again.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=472997

And is this the right replacement spring for a week ejector?

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=194256

GUNFANATIC
07-17-2010, 10:08 PM
That's the right spring I believe, but the wrong mag. That one's a staggered feed mag box.

KMAY
07-17-2010, 10:23 PM
Thanks. Does anyone know where i can order a center feed mag box and follower?

82boy
07-17-2010, 11:09 PM
The spring is right but 2.29 is a bit high.

The magazine box you have shown is for a Stagard feed.

This would be the correct magazine for a center feed.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=241093

IMO I would rather deal with other companies than Midway, I would try SSS, or Brownell's, or even direct from Savage.

GUNFANATIC
07-17-2010, 11:29 PM
IMO I would rather deal with other companies than Midway, I would try SSS, or Brownell's, or even direct from Savage.

Why? Midway is kinda one stop shopping and they deliver fast. Brownell's has a flat rate shipping cost that is always a deal breaker for me unless I'm ordering alot. Did midway kick your dog or something? ??? ;)

KMAY
07-17-2010, 11:32 PM
Is that what they cost everywhere? I will defintaly try and find it cheaper or from someone on here.

rjtfroggy
07-18-2010, 06:23 AM
Here call this number and get the right parts the first time, 1 800 370-0708 have model and serial # and credit card ready. That is Savage's number you will pay a little more but get the correct parts about 10 days later.

82boy
07-18-2010, 12:01 PM

Why? Midway is kinda one stop shopping and they deliver fast. Brownell's has a flat rate shipping cost that is always a deal breaker for me unless I'm ordering a lot. Did midway kick your dog or something? ??? ;)

My response to that is, Midway is the Walmart of the shooting world. For the reason I don't like Walmart, I don't like Midway, the two operate in many of the same ways. Do I shop at Midway and Walmart yes but only when I have to.

One problem I have with Midway is they have a minimum order cost, if you don't spend $25 bucks then you must pay an extra fee. Many time I only need a small part, why should I be penalized. I buy parts that way from Sinclair's (A Brownell's company) and all I ever pay is actual shipping cost. For example I needed an expander, it was $12 bucks at Sinclair's, I paid $3.00 shipping on it. I needed a Forster pilot ($9.95) if I would buy it from Midway I had $3.95 shipping and a $3.00 fee because the order is not over $25.00. (Heck if your a dealer you have to spend $40.) All I am saying is IMO there are much better company's to deal with like Mid-south, Natchez, Graff and Sons, ETC.

GUNFANATIC
07-18-2010, 03:41 PM
I understand the reasoning. You know I'm pretty much just funnin' ya, don't you? ;D As for Midway, I can usually find what I need and I always have all my friends order anything they need as well. That way we meet the minimum and split shipping. Everyone's happy.

Ok, so now I've effectively hijacked the original thread. ::) DOH!

82boy
07-18-2010, 04:08 PM
I understand the reasoning. You know I'm pretty much just funnin' ya, don't you? ;D As for Midway, I can usually find what I need and I always have all my friends order anything they need as well. That way we meet the minimum and split shipping. Everyone's happy.

Heck, lets hijack it a bit longer. I know you was having fun, and it all good. I think that competition is a great thing, and wish the other retailers like Mid south, Graff and Sons, had the advertising budget to compete with Midway, basically the only way they get noted is in threads like this. I just feel that they are better run company's. I don't truly hate Midway, (Heck I have a few of there hats I wear regularly) But I would like people to know that there is other options.

GUNFANATIC
07-18-2010, 04:45 PM

Heck, lets hijack it a bit longer. I know you was having fun, and it all good. I think that competition is a great thing, and wish the other retailers like Mid south, Graff and Sons, had the advertising budget to compete with Midway, basically the only way they get noted is in threads like this. I just feel that they are better run company's. I don't truly hate Midway, (Heck I have a few of there hats I wear regularly) But I would like people to know that there is other options.

Good point. Though I haven't ordered anything yet from Graf & Sons, Their prices are considerably better than Midway. They just don't have the inventory that Midway has. I order from Brownell's when I'm looking for certain gunsmith tools or parts that Midway doesn't have or doesn't have the quality. I have no experience with the others you mentioned. I'll have to look into that.

KMAY
08-25-2010, 04:34 PM
The spring is right but 2.29 is a bit high.

The magazine box you have shown is for a Stagard feed.

This would be the correct magazine for a center feed.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=241093

Isnt this a drop box magizine tho? Even if it is shouldnt i bee able to take it apart and just the box itself and follower?

GUNFANATIC
08-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Won't work. That box has the tabs on it that need to be inserted into the action. Also there is no bottom on the staggered feed mag box. The follower is standard.

KMAY
08-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Just got off the phone with the Savage. Was on the phone for just under 4 minutes and already have the magbox and follower on the way. 30 shipped to my door isnt bad at all.

I dont know why i didnt do this sooner. Haha Thanks for all your helps guys.