PDA

View Full Version : Accustock weather Warrior accuracy?

USA
09-23-2009, 09:42 AM
I searched but was unable to find much info. Those of you with experience with the weather Warrior with accustock please post your rifles accuracy. Thank you

AKArcherdaddy
09-23-2009, 06:36 PM
Mine gets as good or better out of box accuracy (mostly better) as any of my other factory rifles. I'm happy with it, and if I were to buy another rifle I'd want one with an Accustock. The only problem I had with mine was that the little wedge that snugs the lug against the stock broke in half. I wasn't using a torque wrench when I tightened the bolt in it down, but I didn't feel like I was reefing on it all that much. Anyway, I considered calling Savage, but in the end I just ground a new wedge out of tool steel. That one won't break.

pikergolf
09-23-2009, 11:23 PM
Have one in .243, with reloads it shoots tighter and tighter, don't know if it's because the barrel gets dirty or the loads get quicker. The last two batch's of reloads two different distances off of lands 20 thou and 35 thou I clean the barrel and start with mild doses of vargent, 5 shoot groups. By the time I get near max. the groups are never over .75" for 5 shots and some are under .5". (75 gr. V-max). The only compaint I have is a bit of trigger creep. Not bad to handle off the bench but in hunting situations might be a problem. We'll see I guess. Good luck Denis