PDA

View Full Version : Left handed stock for shooting prone

No.343
05-17-2016, 01:14 PM
I have three left handed Savage rifles: a flat back 110, a flat back 11, and a model 12 with the accu-trigger. All of them have blind mags. I shot a mid range f-class match with my 243 and enjoyed it. I am thinking about an after market stock, but I am having a hard time finding a left handed stock that would support a varmit weight barrel. Even though I enjoy shooting my Ar-15, I don't know that I want to get a chassis. I would also like to be able to get the stock modified for a DBM if I want to do that in the future. Do you have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Bigguy
05-18-2016, 07:54 PM
Boyd's pro varmint might work for you but you will have to convert to DBM to use it I believe.

Robinhood
05-19-2016, 08:04 AM
Have You looked at Sharp Shooter Supply Dog Tracker. Or even the LTV where you can have them install an adjustable cheek rest.

No.343
05-19-2016, 08:38 AM
Boyd's pro varmint might work for you but you will have to convert to DBM to use it I believe.
That makes sense. I looked at that web site and I could never find a lefty stock for the blind magazine. I looked at the pro varmit. It is a nice looking stock. I wasn't sure if I was missing something.

No.343
05-19-2016, 08:39 AM
Have You looked at Sharp Shooter Supply Dog Tracker. Or even the LTV where you can have them install an adjustable cheek rest.
I have not looked at this one. I will look at it this evening. Thanks for the help.

LoneWolf
05-19-2016, 08:48 AM
If you get a boyd's stock it's going to require some work before you can really shoot it. It will need pillars and glass bedding as well as building up the comb in some manner to to properly get behind your scope.

They are more costly and you may have to wait a little bit longer, but SSS makes awesome stocks. I would also check out the Bell and Carlson stocks as they are readily available and very usable.

psharon97
05-19-2016, 08:55 AM
I also shoot left handed. I currently have the LVT stock from SSS in a blind mag 7mm rem mag. Another option that I like is the Choate UV stock. If you want to convert that to DBM, call up CDI and let them install their bottom metal in that stock.

No.343
05-19-2016, 12:58 PM
I couldn't wait and looked during lunch. I might have drooled on the keyboard when I saw that LVT stock. Is that hook worth having?

LoneWolf
05-19-2016, 01:27 PM
Yes! I have a McMillan A5 currently and love the hook.

Bigguy
05-19-2016, 06:44 PM
I couldn't wait and looked during lunch. I might have drooled on the keyboard when I saw that LVT stock. Is that hook worth having?

What is the current wait time on the LVT?