PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Model 67 Problem

LHitchcox
05-14-2016, 08:48 PM
A friend has a model 67 pump that does not release the slide/bolt after the gun is fired. I am unfamiliar with this model and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction in diagnosing the problem. The gun fires normally, but the slide release has to be pushed in before the fired case can be ejected. Any help is appreciated.

Maxrad
05-18-2016, 01:54 PM
I get the same issue when I put mine together wrong (series A).
I think all that is fickle with it is just that the slide release is not positioned properly after the last reassembly. I found that when I reassemble the trigger housing to the receiver you should push in the slide release as you are installing the trigger housing. This moves the slide release bar into the proper position for cycling.
It could be something else but this is where I would start. There are many pictures of properly assembled trigger assemblies after a search but also you did not specify what series this gun is so the safety could be different or where the slide release lever is. When searching, look for the right series.
Start off with the first trick and see if that does it, but if not then look further. You can post further questions here for additional bad advice. Hope this helps.

phinfan
05-22-2016, 08:54 PM
What Maxrad said.
My series E slide release is easily moved out of position when reassembling. I would check there first and then go from there.