PDA

View Full Version : Sear Spring

jsilva
05-13-2016, 01:05 PM
How much influence does the sear spring have on trigger pull?

Dennis
05-13-2016, 01:16 PM
The sear is what makes the difference. Some have modified the spring and are good at it.

You have to be very careful when modifying any sear components.

jsilva
05-13-2016, 01:19 PM
How about on an Axis. Will lightening the sear spring lighten the trigger pull?

short round
05-13-2016, 07:24 PM
I have experimented with different sear springs & have not seen much difference with trigger pull. Dose make it easier to depress sear to get bolt out. If you go to light on sear spring, the sear will not move forward to reset.

doodedge
05-23-2016, 02:24 AM
How about on an Axis. Will lightening the sear spring lighten the trigger pull?

No, the sear spring actually opposes the weight of the firing pin springs. All it does is reset the sear once the weight of the firing pin springs are compressed via bolt handle.

Willoughby
05-25-2016, 06:40 PM
How much influence does the sear spring have on trigger pull? A LOT-
there are several axis trigger job videos out there
if your not sure about what your doing don't mess with it
if your mechanically inclined -research it - most remove 1/2 a coil at a time and re-measure pull weight
also stoning the contact points helps a bunch - or it can destroy a trigger or-sear if you do it wrong - research -research research -google is your friend

doodedge
05-25-2016, 07:02 PM
How much influence does the sear spring have on trigger pull? A LOT-
there are several axis trigger job videos out there
if your not sure about what your doing don't mess with it
if your mechanically inclined -research it - most remove 1/2 a coil at a time and re-measure pull weight
also stoning the contact points helps a bunch - or it can destroy a trigger or-sear if you do it wrong - research -research research -google is your friend

You are referring to the trigger spring, the sear spring is a separate spring that resets the sear once the weight of the firing ping springs is off it.

drybean
05-25-2016, 07:14 PM
The sear spring is a torsion spring
I do have a couple lite weight springs that I would give away
just send me a SASE
These are for savage actions, I do not know if they will work on a axis
Jim

Robinhood
05-25-2016, 10:51 PM
The older Axis had a coil spring with a hook on either end. Not sure if that ever changed or not.

On that type of spring clipping coils would increase the tension, and you would cut the hook off as well. I dont think you will find any improvement by altering that spring, I never did.