PDA

View Full Version : Looking for others currently shooting 110 FCP HS or BA in 338 lapua

Donnie
05-12-2016, 04:27 PM
Hello,
I'm looking for other shooters currently shooting the 110 FCP HS or BA rifles in 338 Lapua mag. I would like to hear experiences both good and bad. Also any failures NOT related to user error, like the fellow that left a cleaning rod in his gun. Any chambers cracking or bolts failing, sticking brass or extractors not working. Please let me know what you got and what ammunition you are shooting.
I am reloading with Lapua brass, Fed match magnum primers, Moly 250gr Nos AB & Moly 300gr Lapua SC, IMR 7828 85gr-250AB & 79gr-300LpSC.
I am ultimately trying to figure out if the issues that these rifles had when they first rolled off the line are still present with newer models. The only issue I have found so far, is horrid tooling marks inside the barrel that causes thick copper buildup. Henceforth the use of impact plating moly on bullets I use now. Cuts down on cleaning and helps accuracy.
Thanks,
Don

MHelton01
05-13-2016, 08:32 AM
I am currently shooting the 110 FCP in 338. Zero problems thus far. I have been shooting a mixture of S&B 300gr, Thunder ammo 230gr brass and Tactical Ammunition 300gr SMK. Only had it out to 600 but rang the gong every single time.

The only thing I have found, as you mentioned, is some concentric ring tooling marks just inside the muzzle on the rifling.

I only picked this rifle up about a month ago. New in Box.

Donnie
05-13-2016, 11:44 AM
I am currently shooting the 110 FCP in 338. Zero problems thus far. I have been shooting a mixture of S&B 300gr, Thunder ammo 230gr brass and Tactical Ammunition 300gr SMK. Only had it out to 600 but rang the gong every single time.

The only thing I have found, as you mentioned, is some concentric ring tooling marks just inside the muzzle on the rifling.

I only picked this rifle up about a month ago. New in Box.

Thanks for the info. Do you have a round count so far? Also do you know what your rifles DOM is?
I should mention my DOM is Feb 18, 2014. You can get your DOM with a phone call to Savage with your serial number.
Anyone else with these rifles, please give your input.
Thanks,
Don

Kingair001
05-13-2016, 10:11 PM
I had a Savage 110 FCP HS Precision in 338 and sold it even without shooting 1 round

I was only reading the bad things . . . . should have kept . . .

So time for another 338 Lapua soon

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk