PDA

View Full Version : Savage 10 BAS Accutrigger problem Or something else.

wce323078
05-11-2016, 01:24 PM
I have an older Savage BA in .308. Up till the last time I had it out shooting (last week) It has been a trouble free tack driver. So other than being heavy it shot great. Last time out I started to have this problem I would say 1 in 5. I would chamber a round either through the mag or single feed. and after chambering and lining up my shot I would go to pull the trigger and it would be locked. I would have to lift bolt handle and reset the firing pin.
Now I have had something similar happen be for but I took it to be me maybe pulling the Accutrigger a little off line, but that happen not very often. So I am wondering is this a trigger problem or is it maybe the firing pin not getting cocked? I have never touched the trigger adjustment. I have to cycle the bolt quite a few times to get it to set (that's the term that comes to mind). Some one on an other forum has suggested that it (the trigger) has had a chance to settle in and I may now have to adjust trigger one way or an other. Any one had this problem? I contacted Savage via Email but I expect I will get the same reply we here in Canada get Oh you are in Canada we cannot talk to you. and they hang up. I have neverhad this stock off and I hear that it can be a pain to reinstall and get a consistent point of aim again, there is torque steps that must be followed to get the prober results but I cannot seem to find it online anymore, anyone have the steps? Thanks

short round
05-11-2016, 09:06 PM
Two things to try. Clean sear & trigger where they meet. Adjust trigger return spring for more tension. Do not worry about the stock, torque action screws ( two in front of trigger guard) to 35 inch pound. May have to adjust scope, but it should be minor.