PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Basix Sav-1 Troubles

Mpdavidson87
05-06-2016, 12:11 AM
Hey all new to the site and looking for some help with the trigger mentioned above. Ordered a new SAV-1 and installed per the instructions on a Model 12 top bolt release.
The trigger seemed ok at first but the more I played with it the less I liked what I saw.
The trigger will slam fire at anything harder than an average bolt cycle regardless of trigger pull weight . (Maybe not a big deal off of a bench but I get kinda excited when shooting at critters.)
This led me to inspect the sear and it seems the sears engagement is inconsistent. You can back the sear adjustment screw all the way out and the sear will still not seat fully there will be a gap between the sear and the seat? of maybe a couple thousandth.
So does anyone out there with more experience than me have any idea what the issue maybe? Should the sear fully contact the adjustment screw at every cocking? It quite possibly could be the way I tried tuning trigger although I don't think it is. And is the slamfire aspect just the nature of the beast and I'm looking for too much out of it? Any information or ideas are appreciated.
Thanks in advance

short round
05-06-2016, 01:29 AM
Try adjusting trigger return spring, sounds like it is not putting enough pressure on trigger.

Robinhood
05-06-2016, 09:58 PM
Try adjusting trigger return spring, sounds like it is not putting enough pressure on trigger.

Yep, you need a little more pre-load. The cost is trigger pull weight.

LoneWolf
05-06-2016, 10:09 PM
Those triggers are only good for going down to maybe 1.5lbs reliably. If it's slam firing, then you have it set to light.