PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to convert to a single shot

Adam K
07-14-2010, 10:42 PM
I thought I would pose this question here instead of trying to get through to SSS since they've always got a ton of work. I bought a Model 11 for ridiculously cheap new last week. I've been wanting to build a heavy 300WSM for groundhog hunting and possibly some long range deer hunting here in PA. My question is I want put a single shot follower in the gun, but it is a magazine fed gun and I was on SSS website and saw they have just the follower, or the magazine with a single shot follower, which would I use? I intend to convert it to single shot for good and put it in a HBR stock if I can just use the follower.

82boy
07-14-2010, 11:25 PM
Is the gun a stagard feed or a center feed?

jpdown
07-14-2010, 11:31 PM
If your Savage 11 is a centerfeed, then SSS has developed a single shot follower that fits like a glove and makes converting to a single shot without the magazine box very easy. If it is a stagger feed, then you will need to use a Hi-Score follower placed in the magazine.

82boy
07-14-2010, 11:54 PM
If your Savage 11 is a centerfeed, then SSS has developed a single shot follower that fits like a glove and makes converting to a single shot without the magazine box very easy. If it is a stagger feed, then you will need to use a Hi-Score follower placed in the magazine.

Bingo

Adam K
07-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Thank you guys for the info, I figured I would get my answer quick. It's center feed.