PDA

View Full Version : Onhunt sniper scopes

CLSUPERMAN
05-03-2016, 03:46 PM
Hello everyone, i was looking for affordable ffp scopes for my little project and came across this http://m.alibaba.com/product/60407298584/First-Focal-Plane-FFP-Riflescope-Sniper.html. I've never seen it or even heard anything about it, but it has a sweet price for an ffp. Any inputs before i make up my mind on it? Any other affordable suggestions at this magnification?
Ffp 6-24x44

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

tufrthnails
05-03-2016, 05:19 PM
I can't say enough good things about my Primary Arms FFP 4x14x44 Mil dot
http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-4-14x44-mil-mil-ffp-scope/p/kt-pa4-14xffp/

CLSUPERMAN
05-03-2016, 09:27 PM
I can't say enough good things about my Primary Arms FFP 4x14x44 Mil dot
http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-4-14x44-mil-mil-ffp-scope/p/kt-pa4-14xffp/
I've been eyeing that PA for a few weeks now, i was just hoping to find one with higher magnification around that price level, how do you like your PA at middle and long range?? Lets say 500+ yards?

DrThunder88
05-04-2016, 05:31 AM
I can see elements on that scope that are similar to those on PA scopes, the Midway BSA Tactical, and Athlon scopes. My guess is this is from the same factory in China that produces the aforementioned scopes. Not that it's a terrible thing. The PA FFP scope is the only cheap scope I would recommend to anyone. The Midway BSA has its own fans, but I've never used it. I'm interested in trying an Athlon scope. The lifetime warranties on the BSA and Athlon would be a good reason to pay the extra money and not have to try to deal with an overseas vendor.

That said, I have the PA 4-14x44mm FFP mil-dot scope on my long range rifle, and it has proven itself a competent performer out to 1000 yards. The reticle would be a little thick if I were varmint shooting (not at 1000 yards, obviously), but it's just fine on steel.

Am I just missing it, or does that web page not say what kind of reticle the scope has? All I can find is "glass-etched".

tufrthnails
05-04-2016, 06:50 AM
I just recently got mine and the initial shooting is great. Took it out to 400 yards on my neighbors property, which was a chip shot. I am guessing I could go further without any issues. It will really get run through it's paces in Nov when I go to the farm in KY and sling some lead. I managed to ring steel consistently with my 4x12 redfield out to 800 yards last year after working some data. The whole longer (500+ yds) range shooting is new to me, but for the price this thing is sick.

TheShootist
05-04-2016, 12:35 PM
Am I just missing it, or does that web page not say what kind of reticle the scope has? All I can find is "glass-etched".

Follow the link and then have to click on specifications. Several pics of scope and one of the reticle.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160504/d40392b5299164dbc0d7172d41ec2daa.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

CLSUPERMAN
05-04-2016, 09:09 PM
I've decided to go with the PA, too many good reviews about them, also they have some interesting reticles.

It would be nice if we could have a sticky about budget ffp scopes, so the more experienced shooters can discuss about it for the benefit of all... Don't you think? Or is there one already?

Thx to every one for your replys

tufrthnails
05-17-2016, 06:37 PM
Well I got to shoot my PA 4-14 mil a little more last week and really put it through the paces. I am definitely having to learn the whole mil adjustments thing and the eye relief changed my cheek weld, but I am still thoroughly impressed with the scope. The biggest problem I ran into this time was how much my cheek weld had changed. some days I shoot better then others and this one started coming around and feeling more comfortable toward the end of the day.

Robinhood
05-17-2016, 11:14 PM
i was just hoping to find one with higher magnification around that price level,

If the optics are not there, magnification is a waist of money