PDA

View Full Version : boyds questions?

ohihunter2014
05-02-2016, 12:47 PM
looking at a stock for axis 2 HB and really don't want a monte carlo or any cheek riser as im used to the plastic axis stock.

would this be the classic or prairie hunter?

alltherage
05-02-2016, 08:50 PM
classic
it seems to me the prairie would be better with an axis due to the high bolt throw and the need to have medium rings or higher. it seems that the cheek piece would allow for better eye alignment as a result of the higher rings. to each their own i guess

DrThunder88
05-03-2016, 03:12 AM
Prairie Hunter doesn't have a higher comb. It has a lower butt. In relation to the drop at the heel, it is raised, but in relation to the optic height, it's the same as the Classic or Pro Varmint.

jray57
05-03-2016, 08:02 AM
I have a similar issue looking for a stock for 12 fv right bolt that I shoot left handed. Both the stocks you mention look from the pictures on Boyd's website to have cheek pieces.

ohihunter2014
05-04-2016, 02:49 PM
Prairie Hunter doesn't have a higher comb. It has a lower butt. In relation to the drop at the heel, it is raised, but in relation to the optic height, it's the same as the Classic or Pro Varmint.

so the prairie hunter isn't a strait line stock like the plastic axis stock?

ohihunter2014
05-04-2016, 02:50 PM
classic
it seems to me the prairie would be better with an axis due to the high bolt throw and the need to have medium rings or higher. it seems that the cheek piece would allow for better eye alignment as a result of the higher rings. to each their own i guess

I have medium burris rings and base on there now.