PDA

View Full Version : axis II 223rem wont eject.

ohihunter2014
04-28-2016, 07:59 PM
I have an axis HB 223rem that wont eject spent cases unless I slam the bolt back all the way.

any thoughts?

I emailed savage a week ago and nothing back.

drybean
04-28-2016, 08:18 PM
Is it dropping the cases or is it not ejecting them
most times it just needs a .140 extractor detent ball

Texas10
04-28-2016, 10:02 PM
Is your EJECTOR jammed back into the head? If not, remove the bolt and grab a spent brass and see if you can find the hang-up. If you need to remove the EXTRACTOR as drybean suggests, along with the ball and spring, be sure to place a quart size baggie over the bolt and rubber band it in place so when the extractor ball shoots out of the head, you won't loose it. Same with assembling it, use a baggie. Don't ask how I know.....LOL

SAN14
04-29-2016, 04:24 PM
Mine does the same thing about 1 in 5 times. I heard about putting a larger ball bearing in but can't find them locally and online sells by the hundred....don't need
THAT many. Anyone here sell just a few at a time?

pisgah
04-29-2016, 05:01 PM
It is likely the small ball bearing already mentioned, although I suppose the spring could be kinked. As a belt-and-suspenders kind of guy who grew up shooting Mausers, I have not experienced the problem with my Axis rifles. They may not have the problem or it could be that my Mauser shooting experience has trained me to automatically, without conscious thought, run the bolt all the way back on any bolt gun I shoot.