PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some parts

jlsbassman
04-26-2016, 06:32 PM
I have a short action model 10 that is a 223 and I am looking to change to either a 243 or 7mm/08. I'm looking for a magazine follower/spring assembly and a bolt baffle that's flat without the extension on it. Can't seem to find a place online to find the parts. Does anyone no of a place online that sells them. It's for a 4.28" action.

drybean
04-26-2016, 07:19 PM
You can cut the leg off the front baffel

RustyShackle
04-26-2016, 07:30 PM
I just did exactly what you are doing. I sourced parts from Midway, Numerich, Brownells, and I think one other place as well. Maybe Gunshack? Just takes some work. Likely that one place will not have all of the parts needed, so multiple vendors.

You should also be able to order some parts directly from savage. The magazine follower and spring is one of these.

Not sure if you have a stagger or center feed magazine on that?

check PN 100193 for mag follower and spring

PN 103322 for bolt baffle

Think this might get you what you're looking for.

jlsbassman
04-26-2016, 08:12 PM
My action is a staggered feed, there is also a baffle in the magazine, did you just remove the baffle or replace the mag well?

RustyShackle
04-26-2016, 08:48 PM
I believe that you are referring to the spacer that is located in the magazine? If so, yes I simply removed that spacer. Although it was a pain to remove. I had to shear the little "ears" that are folded through the magazine sides. I just used a small standard screwdriver and a gave them a good tap. After that was prying the things out. If I were to redo that, I would probably just order another.

jlsbassman
04-26-2016, 09:14 PM
Yes the spacer was what I was talking about. After you removed it does just a regular short action staggered feed follower work without any modification? Sorry about all the questions. When I bought the action the guy had already change the bolt head from a 223 to the 308 size but had not done any thing with the mag. I was trying to figure out which would be the best way to go either back to 223 or switch to another. Either way I'm going to change the barrel.

RustyShackle
04-26-2016, 09:28 PM
Yes the regular short action staggered feed follower worked fine for me. I think it should drop in for you too, although the magazine lips might need tweaked? I can't say for sure, although mine seems to feed fine with no further modification. I bought a shaw 7mm-08 barrel for my project. I've been itching to take it out and run it through its paces but the weather has been rather horrid here lately.