PDA

View Full Version : New Owner - Savage AXIS

4Patriot
04-25-2016, 06:59 PM
Hi, All, I'm a new member of the forum, and a new Savage owner. I have ordered but not yet taken delivery of a left-handed .223 AXIS. This is my only left-handed gun, but I thought since I am ordering it new I might as well get it to fit me (I am left eye dominant, so I shoot rifles lefty). Have been reading about this rifle for ages, have looked at lots of YouTube videos on trigger jobs. Am planning to adjust rather than replace the trigger, and will be purchasing a Boyd's stock (unless someone has a better recommendation for me). Am looking forward to some accurate shooting. BTW, I live in northern NJ.

drybean
04-25-2016, 07:28 PM
Welcome aboard

Rick_W
04-25-2016, 09:34 PM
Welcome

Jrswisher
04-28-2016, 09:34 PM
Hi 4patriot. I bought my first Axis less than a week ago. Just did the trigger improvement today. There are a few different ways to do it. I did the one where you change factory spring and remove over travel. Very satisfied with results. Can't wait to shoot it again next week.

scooterf79
04-29-2016, 05:28 PM
Welcome aboard! Im a left-eye dominant too! Its something else....I still have yet to buy a left handed rifle. Only my bow....
Stocks.....Boyds is one of the very few choices youll have... not alot out there for the axis.
Scooter

4Patriot
04-30-2016, 09:42 PM
Welcome aboard! Im a left-eye dominant too! Its something else....I still have yet to buy a left handed rifle. Only my bow....
Stocks.....Boyds is one of the very few choices youll have... not alot out there for the axis.
Scooter
Thanks, I'm all over Boyds, just waiting for the gun to arrive. This will be my first lefty gun. My only other bolt gun is a Mosin. I can easily reach over that, but I figured with a scope on the Axis it wouldn't be the same.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

B52buff
05-07-2016, 06:08 PM
Welcome from NE Michigan.

Hotolds442
06-07-2016, 11:52 AM
Welcome!