PDA

View Full Version : 62/64-Series: 64f

veyser253
04-25-2016, 05:05 AM
Well I was in walmart the other day ( I think my wife was looking for papertowels or tp or something like that ) and I wandered down to sporting goods to check on the ammo supply. Of course nothing I could use, when i noticed a lonely model 64f for 85 bucks. It was scratched up and the rear sight was broken off,but it was new so I thought I could give it a good home. I'm gonna put a scope on it anyway so wasn't too worryed about the sight. So i spent the 45 minutes getting it registered. Then 15 minutes explaining to wife why I needed another rifle. I took it home. Now my question is how hard is it to change the barrel to a bull barrel if it's possible to find one.

blownic
04-25-2016, 07:34 AM
I have multiple 64B Winchesters and they are quite simple to remove the barrels. I'm not sure how easy it would be to find a bull barrel for a 64 though. I have never looked for one myself. As for the 64F, I don't think they would be any different than the 64B as far as barrel removal would go.
Nic

RP12
05-07-2016, 09:07 PM
Changing the barrel is very easy. Remove the stock remove the front lug/screw and U shaped bracket and the barrel comes right out. You must take the barrel off for a detailed cleaning, so it's easy. There are videos on you tube of how to do it.