PDA

View Full Version : Should I convert my blind magazine long action to a DBM?

TonyBen
04-24-2016, 10:22 AM
I've got a McMillan stock on order but it's a 3 to 4 month lead time. I ordered one for a blind magazine long action. I've got plenty of time to change my order. Is it worth it to go ahead and convert it from blind mag to DBM? I'll go ahead and search for parts. My receiver is a flat-back mid-80's receiver. I take it I'd need a new trigger guard as well?

Tony.

rjtfroggy
04-25-2016, 04:51 PM
Just my opinion but ABSOLUTELY NOT. Blind mags are almost fool proof and never ever drop out and get lost while hunting, they never get left home when you go to the range, always the right mag for the gun in hand.
If you haven't figured it out all of these things have happened to me and I would be willing to bet to many others who won't admit it.

Robinhood
04-25-2016, 05:10 PM
Just my opinion but ABSOLUTELY NOT. Blind mags are almost fool proof and never ever drop out and get lost while hunting, they never get left home when you go to the range, always the right mag for the gun in hand.
If you haven't figured it out all of these things have happened to me and I would be willing to bet to many others who won't admit it.

I agree.

foxx
04-25-2016, 05:26 PM
Besides all of the above, you will never find the parts necessary to convert to the old stagger feed dbm. And yours is stagger feed. Stay with the blind mag.

TonyBen
04-25-2016, 09:39 PM
Understood. Thanks guys! I'll just have to get another Savage later. I don't have a small bore bolt action yet...

Tony.