PDA

View Full Version : Savage Model 110E -SERIES K- 300WM

DaveIN
04-21-2016, 04:05 AM
Hello all,
I recently bought the above rifle, serial # begins with C18 and my research, even here, has turned up very little except a broad manufacturing date range. I am considering turning it into an LPR project but I haven't even shot it yet in it's stock configuration and I really have no idea what I have in this rifle. Any help with filling in the gaps would be greatly appreciated.

DaveIN
04-21-2016, 06:41 PM
Hello all,
I recently bought the above rifle, serial # begins with C18 and my research, even here, has turned up very little except a broad manufacturing date range. I am considering turning it into an LPR project but I haven't even shot it yet in it's stock configuration and I really have no idea what I have in this rifle. Any help with filling in the gaps would be greatly appreciated.
:attention: Anybody?

sharpshooter
04-21-2016, 10:30 PM

Hotolds442
04-21-2016, 11:31 PM
June 1976

DaveIN
04-22-2016, 02:23 PM
Thank you for the dates! I'm also hoping someone might know what the Series K means.

J.Baker
04-22-2016, 03:02 PM
It's kinda like Special K, only different. :p

The Series letters were just a way for Savage to keep track of small parts design changes should the rifle ever come back for warranty work so they'd know which version of a part to use as a replacement. There's no record of what the actual changes were for each specific Series letter so today it pretty much means nothing. The only exception would be the mention of Series J, which is usually improperly used to designate an short-action receiver that has the Gen I screw spacing.