PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Wards Western Field (Stevens 311) ???

Savage7491
04-10-2016, 06:42 PM
I just picked up a 410 SXS with the Tenite stocks. Do I just take out the one screw that's buried about a 1/2 mile down inside the stock to remove it? Any precautions or tips I should know about regarding removal of the Tenite stock? I need to get the stock off in order to get all the mildew off of it plus the receiver (?) mechanism needs to be cleaned and / or possibly disassembled in order to get that functioning again.

Any input / comments / tips greatly appreciated.

Thx .....RA

Mad Dog
04-11-2016, 08:28 AM
You have to be real careful with the tenite stocked guns.

There is a plastic stud screwed into the back of the receiver that the stock bolt screws into. These are usually real tight and you can break them easy because they were made of plastic.

Some model 24's and Stevens 240's used them as well. I've broke one in my days but luckily if you just take the stud out a regular set of wood stocks will fit just as well as the plastic.

Savage7491
08-01-2016, 03:09 PM
Just as fyi.......I finally got around to removing the stock and found that the "stud" screwed into the back of the receiver is steel and not plastic...at least in this case. Maybe it was replaced somewhere along the line as the slot in the long screw which attaches the stock was "buggered" up.

There was a lot of mildew on the stock and now I've found a fair amount on parts of the receiver now that the stock is off. Any suggestions on what works good for removing that wo messing up the Tenite stock material? I've used bartenders friend and comet so far and have gotten most of it off, but having problems getting the last bits out of the fine checkering molded into the stock.

Any info much appreciated. Thx.