PDA

View Full Version : 10 predator flier

Pages : 1 [2]

scionxb3003
07-17-2016, 07:52 PM
dfrosch has something tangible. Run with that first.

I tried that. Savage ended up replacing it so it shouldn't be an issue now. The paper they sent back with it said it shot like a .4 something in the last range test after the new barrel so it should be good now.

RC20
07-18-2016, 10:16 AM
Good deal. Pretty odd situation that the remedies did not explain, bad barrel yes.

Single load was a good idea, but 3 inches off on the first shot and then everything good after that did not track with other than a barrel problem.

If there is something that bad on the first shot then it will randomly insert itself.

scionxb3003
07-18-2016, 10:51 PM
Good deal. Pretty odd situation that the remedies did not explain, bad barrel yes.

Single load was a good idea, but 3 inches off on the first shot and then everything good after that did not track with other than a barrel problem.

If there is something that bad on the first shot then it will randomly insert itself.

Talking to other smiths the best answer I go was after the first shot the barrel is heating up and correcting whatever issue was at hand. Either way, I'm happy it's shooting good now. Only put some factory Winchester through it so far but I'm optimistic at this point.