PDA

View Full Version : MDT/LSS and Flatback-Not a Happy Union

TopherNJ
04-08-2016, 08:07 PM
I have an older "Flatback" action and a MDT/LSS chassis system.

I have the action in the chassis without a barrel(it's getting chopped)and am having a spacing issue. With the rear action screw tightened, when I raise the cock the action, it will not stay in firing mode. I raise the bolt, and when I lower it the bolt release goes back down and the trigger doesn't reset. The trigger is stock. Everything is pretty much stock... Except the stock.

Anyone have any ideas?

Robinhood
04-08-2016, 08:20 PM
Something is influencing the trigger. The older triggers where bulky like this one. I have no idea if this is the issue just a thought ...http://cdn.gun-tests.com/media/newspics/300/savage-110-trigger-p47.jpg

Hotolds442
04-08-2016, 08:40 PM
Something is influencing the trigger. The older triggers where bulky like this one. I have no idea if this is the issue just a thought ...http://cdn.gun-tests.com/media/newspics/300/savage-110-trigger-p47.jpg

^^^Most likely culprit ^^^

Also re-verify that it stays cocked outside of the stock.

short round
04-08-2016, 09:19 PM
If trigger works out of stock, check for interference in stock.

Robinhood
04-08-2016, 10:10 PM
If trigger works out of stock, check for interference in stock.

Yes, This too! :(

TopherNJ
04-09-2016, 05:30 AM
The trigger does work outside of the stock. First thing I checked.

Any ideas on how to figure out what is interfering?

MDTcorp
04-09-2016, 11:27 AM
Did you install the Oval washer at the front screw?

TopherNJ
04-09-2016, 01:17 PM
Did you install the Oval washer at the front screw?
Yessir.

Robinhood
04-09-2016, 01:26 PM
The trigger does work outside of the stock. First thing I checked.

Any ideas on how to figure out what is interfering?

Get a Rifle Basics, Timney or SSS, problem solved. No grinding nada.
Since you have a flat back action have you checked to see if it cycles ammo?

short round
04-09-2016, 02:30 PM
Could be trigger guard screw, a little to long & hitting trigger. Try with trigger guard removed. Check for trigger hitting stock in area of trigger guard screw, not allowing trigger to connect with sear. Try putting lip stick on trigger & place receiver in stock, work action, remove & look for contact marks.

TopherNJ
04-09-2016, 03:36 PM
Could be trigger guard screw, a little to long & hitting trigger. Try with trigger guard removed. Check for trigger hitting stock in area of trigger guard screw, not allowing trigger to connect with sear. Try putting lip stick on trigger & place receiver in stock, work action, remove & look for contact marks.
No trigger guard screw as its a chassis with an integrated trigger guard.
Thank you for the hint on what to look for. I'll look tonight.

MDTcorp
04-11-2016, 10:55 AM
Can you send us a picture of the action? support at mdttac.com. We can work this out with you.

TopherNJ
04-11-2016, 03:50 PM
Scott from MDT called me today. Gave me some pointers. I got ahold of some Dykem and a Dremel and very carefully gave her hell.

All good. Thanks everyone.

Robinhood
04-11-2016, 06:04 PM
Good Job MDT and Scott! Us types like good customer service.

Bolthead
04-12-2016, 05:23 PM
The rear action screw bedding or pillar is most likely not letting the sear catch the trigger. Had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. Didn't see the part where you got it fixed. Glad to hear it is resolved.