PDA

View Full Version : New safety switch issues.....

scooterf79
04-08-2016, 05:25 PM
Hey guys, messing with a new build on a used action. When I got the action the safety switch was broken...about half of it. No big deal, order a new one....blah blah.....
Installed it and am putting in a new Sav1 trigger. All is together but here's my problem.....when I adjust my safety set screw to keep the trigger from being squeezed when cocked it works as it should. But when I slide the safety to fire I cant return the safety to safe(while its still cocked). Seems as if theres too much up/down play with the switch.
When I put my thumb on it to slide back it depresses enough to hit the safety set screw instead of sliding over it. If I back the set screw down enough to where it will slide properly, it will fire on "safe" .
Was kinda wondering if I should remove some material from that part of the safety switch....or anyone has a remedy for this issue.
Thanks!
Scooter

sharpshooter
04-08-2016, 06:52 PM
You need to adjust the set screw in the safety bar to take out the slack. This should be adjusted first, then the adjustment in the trigger.

scooterf79
04-09-2016, 08:39 PM
Gotcha....thanks! I just got done messing with it....works like a charm now!
Scooter