PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for parts is depressing

Pages : 1 [2] 3

GrumpyGuns
05-09-2016, 07:54 PM
You have no idea, working on a year for my lefty Mausingfield and Manners stock for it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Oh Mausingfield very nice.

Jim at Apache said he should be getting my blank in this week so very excited about that. I did ask for one change to the spec sheet instead of the 223 rem chamber it will be a 223AI. Figured since I intend it for the 75 and 80 gr Amax's the extra grain or two of powder might come in handy. So with that done I ordered a PTG 223ai go gage.

missed
05-09-2016, 08:01 PM
Yep and I'm still waiting.... Almost to the point where if July hits and the new Bighorn is available I might get one.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

thatguyshm
05-09-2016, 08:10 PM
You probably don't want to hear this grumpy, but my blank came in in March and he's just that busy I guess. Between that and commo problems, haven't heard much lately. Can't wait for it to show up though.

Shm

GrumpyGuns
05-09-2016, 08:20 PM
I know he is busy as all get out right now. Last Thursday he emailed that if I didn't hear anything in 2 weeks to email him again so we shall see. I was just happy that I could make the change to my order before he got the blank in. He has his email straightend out he is just having a hard time getting to them all with the work load

deadeye_dan
05-14-2016, 09:55 PM
Going on 90 days since my SSS order on a bolt body...almost forgot about it then the bbl showed up and I thought - "Oh yeah"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

futurerider103
05-14-2016, 10:00 PM
I've been waiting on my barrel from Apache since February and just got my update the other day but it's going to my old address in Nashville. I live in Springfield Missouri now. Jim was able to get usps to do an interception for $22 and it should be to me shortly!

gbflyer
05-14-2016, 10:16 PM
Got my .284 barrel from X-Caliber in 6 weeks. Still waiting on action, stock, and reamer. That's OK, it's like waiting for Christmas when you're 9.

thatguyshm
05-15-2016, 03:36 PM
That makes me feel better that SSS is still shipping stuff. I haven't heard back from the last two emails I sent their way. I was told 4-6 weeks back in March and that's long past. Just waiting on SSS and Jim and I'll have my rifle ready.

GrumpyGuns
05-15-2016, 03:38 PM
I've been waiting on my barrel from Apache since February and just got my update the other day but it's going to my old address in Nashville. I live in Springfield Missouri now. Jim was able to get usps to do an interception for $22 and it should be to me shortly!

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing the build thread.

Got a notice friday that my go gauge shipped from PTG, loaded up 100 rounds for fire forming, and ordered the AI dies. We are moving in a month so hope that a; the barrel ships before then, or b; I have to give Jim a forwarding address. We shall see.

GrumpyGuns
05-15-2016, 03:39 PM
That makes me feel better that SSS is still shipping stuff. I haven't heard back from the last two emails I sent their way. I was told 4-6 weeks back in March and that's long past. Just waiting on SSS and Jim and I'll have my rifle ready.

Mine is coming from Jim at Apache Gun Works

short round
05-15-2016, 05:13 PM
After waiting for barrel, for 3 1/2 months, for one that was to be here in 3 months, contacted barrel maker. Was told shop work order couldn't be found. Supplier offered to expedite barrel & I accepted. Have everything except barrel.

GrumpyGuns
05-16-2016, 01:44 PM
Glad to hear they are making it right.

Got my go gauge today. Now just waiting for dies to show up and the barrel.

deadeye_dan
05-20-2016, 08:52 PM
Got my bolt body today from SSS....but I either ordered the wrong base or they sent the wrong one (probably my error).

But we're closer!!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160521/a806aeec549e03340ec8c2f4f5710942.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m12lrs
05-20-2016, 09:10 PM
Called Richard's today. Two weeks out. They said it would be 8 weeks. Seems they are on schedule. We will see.

My satern barrel is in fluting then to rifling. No date for that yet.

At least it is not a year or more like it would be for a custom rifle.

RC20
05-20-2016, 10:04 PM
Yep, barrel ordered, not in stock, other parts for the first barrel change, sigh. Get some of it I can start playing while I wait for the new barrel (practicing!)

GrumpyGuns
05-24-2016, 10:58 AM
Deadeye that is slick looking.

So here is the list so far
PTG 223 AI go gauge
Weaver 20MOA base
Wheeler barrel nut wrench
Lee 223 remington AI dies

Last thing needed is the barrel lol.

RC20
05-24-2016, 05:14 PM
If I get my receiver wrench (and nut wrench) I can at least practice taking current barrel off and on!

GrumpyGuns
05-25-2016, 05:21 PM
Haha that is one way to stay busy. I have been spending more time at the range with the current set brushing up so when the new barrel gets here I know I will be shooting up to snuff

RC20
05-26-2016, 09:35 PM
I have two of these, if it goes as planned both should be available. Not sure the pencil 30-06 barrel is worth pursuing, TE was good but MW was a bit more than I would expect. Not awful but it looks pretty much non fired. Shoots pretty wild, good for various 5 rounds and 4 good, but they come in random places, not like it heats up and starts going out. Barrel is kept cool anyway.

I am working on a 308 barrel for the 111 just to play with and cross test, its get the HB 06 when it comes in.

Kind if interesting that the drop in barrels are not in stock! either they are too popular or they are not normal configuration

thatguyshm
05-27-2016, 09:42 PM
I honestly think at this point the misses rifle will be finished before I get my barrel and action here. Sent the action in back in March, and ordered the 300wm barrel back in late January. It's driving me nuts.

All I'm waiting on for the better halfs rifle is the stock, a laminate being made by Richard's Microfit, and to purchase the last few pieces. Barrel is here, a nice 6mm BR, just need to buy the nut and lug, and a trigger.

Should be interesting to see what is finished first.. probably aught to put the barrels and stocks up for sale...