PDA

View Full Version : Savage ejector

m12lrs
04-06-2016, 09:02 AM
I have a new target action that I am turning into a long range benchrest gun. My question is I don't really want my brass ejecting from the chamber. I had rather just pick it out and put it in the box. I don't believe it would be a good idea to just remove the ejector and leave a big hole in the bolt face. What are my options?

XL105
04-06-2016, 09:05 AM

BillPa
04-06-2016, 12:29 PM
I have a new target action that I am turning into a long range benchrest gun. My question is I don't really want my brass ejecting from the chamber. I had rather just pick it out and put it in the box. I don't believe it would be a good idea to just remove the ejector and leave a big hole in the bolt face. What are my options?

Three of my Savages and two Rems are brass pickers. Just remove it, the spring and retaining pin and keep shoot'n. Worst case you'll have to clean out the bore if you ever re-install it.

Bill

LoneWolf
04-06-2016, 12:59 PM
Could always modify the ejector to be too short to eject, but long enough to block the hole. It's a cheap enough part to not sweat the cost. But I don't see any issue with just removing it either.

Robinhood
04-06-2016, 03:58 PM
If I missed it sorry but I was thinking remove or alter the spring.

rjtfroggy
04-06-2016, 04:24 PM
With out all the extras JUST GO SLOW when ejecting a round it will fall right into your hand.

Mozella
04-06-2016, 05:51 PM
I've removed mine and haven't noticed any problems caused by the remaining hole. Why should there be? The hole is there already, so you aren't making the bolt head any weaker. The ejection pin and spring certainly don't do anything to make the bolt face stronger. The hardest part is finding a place to store the three tiny pieces so that you can find them some years in the future if you ever sell your gun. ;)

m12lrs
04-06-2016, 09:08 PM
Thanks guys

I will just be taking the ejector out