PDA

View Full Version : For the Canadians

J.Baker
04-05-2016, 08:28 PM
How many Canadians do we have here? Wanting to know if it would be worth it to create a board in the classifieds just for you folks north of the border since most firearm parts can't be shipped across the border w/o using an importer/exporter.

Mad Dog
04-06-2016, 10:18 AM
That would be an awesome idea.

I think we are allowed some items from the U.S., depends on how ITAR classes them, I know barrels aren't allowed but I think stocks and stuff are alright if they're under $500.

surfclod
04-06-2016, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I would be open to that.

There are many items that we can order but the paperwork required is daunting to many.

Sadly the Canadian market is to small for many companies to bother to be included on the "legit exporters list".

J.Baker
04-08-2016, 10:23 AM
Nope, stocks are not allowed. Lisa used to sneak them through under the radar to customers north of the border, but then she got a visit from a couple Customs agents and that ended that.

Mad Dog
04-11-2016, 08:25 AM
How does Boyds get away with it then?

I've ordered stocks off them twice now without a hitch.

J.Baker
04-11-2016, 11:33 AM
My guess is that they're either setup to export or work with an exporter.

Mad Dog
04-12-2016, 08:27 AM
I honestly don't understand these new laws?

Really, what's the big deal if a Canadian finds a stock for an old model 1904 22 single shot that's 100 years old and wants to buy it?

I think they took their 911 laws a bit to far.

The sad part is that it's gonna get worse if Trump gets in cause he doesn't have a lot of love for his neighbour. We might save him the time and expense and build our own wall. Now we got goofs like Al Sharpton saying if Trump gets in he's moving to Canada. Who told this guy we even wanted him?

Sorry, venting!, lol.

GeoBoy
04-12-2016, 09:56 PM
I don't believe Trump dislikes Canada, he dislikes anyone that circumvents the laws and comes to the USA illegally. I tend to agree with him, my grandfather came to the USA by himself when he was 15 years old, came thru Ellis Island, learned the English language and became an American citizen.
I don't believe 18 million people should be rounded up. I do believe we should secure our southern border. I know we have great neighbors to the north.

J.Baker
04-13-2016, 12:56 AM
Ok, enough of the politics - you know the rules.

J.Baker
04-24-2016, 08:58 AM
So we only have two Canadians running around here?

ottawacats
04-24-2016, 07:47 PM
I would become a paid member if there was such a board.
As for the laws its the export (USA) issue that gets you in trouble not the import (Canada). Just look up ITAR rules and you will find most things gun relate are a no go coming from the USA unless you have the proper paper work set up. Such as Boyds, Brownells, midway and more.....

J.Baker
04-24-2016, 10:34 PM
Well, I'm going to add it and we'll see how it goes.

ottawacats
04-29-2016, 09:17 AM
Upgraded my account to paid