PDA

View Full Version : what size replacement trigger spring for axis?

Dennis72
04-05-2016, 06:02 PM
I picked up my new axis in .308 today, what size trigger spring do i need to purchase to get a 4-5# trigger? i do not have a trigger scale but my new trigger is very heavy! it is heavier than what the gun weighs (it wont go off by holding the weight of the gun on the trigger). i was going to just clip one coil off from the factory spring, till i read that doing that will make it have mushy over travel, so i want to do the 3/4" 10-24 socket head screw and spring mod, i for the life of me cant find online what size springs people are using. Thanks, Dennis

alltherage
04-05-2016, 11:08 PM
Keep it simple...Get one with same basic coil thickness as original, .025 if i recall. Cut a couple coils.

alltherage
04-05-2016, 11:09 PM
Be sure yo read up on trigger testing.

Dennis72
04-05-2016, 11:30 PM
Keep it simple...Get one with same basic coil thickness as original, .025 if i recall. Cut a couple coils.
ok, same coil diameter......... what gauge wire should it be? Thanks

pisgah
04-05-2016, 11:37 PM
Don't know what size they are, but I got my two replacement springs from a couple of ballpoint pens. Pentel, I think (it's been a while). They're exactly the right size to fit the 10/24 screw, and I just trimmed them to the length of the protruding part of the original spring.

Dennis72
04-06-2016, 03:22 AM
thanks for that info, i found a pentel pen at my friends house and used a 3/4" 10-24 screw from an archery quiver mount i had in my archery box, i left the pen spring full length and it feels pretty dang good right now, id guess its about 1/2 of the original 8-10lb pull was, and its set with very little over travel now. i dont want to go any lighter, its going to be a hunting gun and i will have gloves on when hunting. thanks again for the info i really appreciate it.