PDA

View Full Version : "Single Shot" Follower?

Silvercrow1
04-04-2016, 08:56 AM
Hi All! Well, I just got my old .223 LA 110 pillar bedded and as a final "thing" I'm wondering if I can somehow convert it to a single shot ramp?

I read they make a "kit" for center feed blind mags; is there one available for stagger feed also?

My rifle is an old one, about 1992- it's a long action .223. I believe it is stagger feed (magazine is attached to the receiver).

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

Brian

yobuck
04-04-2016, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE=Silvercrow1;361286]Hi All! Well, I just got my old .223 LA 110 pillar bedded and as a final "thing" I'm wondering if I can somehow convert it to a single shot ramp?

If you look into the actions of some of the older hunting rifles with heavy barrels on standard type actions, you will find the
ramp is made of wood. Mostly maple or walnut or I guess what ever was laying around at the time.
It would be easier to just buy one, but that wasent always the case and it is an option.

Nor Cal Mikie
04-04-2016, 10:22 AM
Brian:
With the SF attached mag, you pull the action, add the follower on top of the factory unit, reinstall the OEM follower with spring under the "new" single shot follower, put the action back and you're good to go.
Sharp Shooter Supply may have one as well as Sinclair and a few others. HTH, Mike.

Silvercrow1
04-05-2016, 12:04 AM
Brian:
With the SF attached mag, you pull the action, add the follower on top of the factory unit, reinstall the OEM follower with spring under the "new" single shot follower, put the action back and you're good to go.
Sharp Shooter Supply may have one as well as Sinclair and a few others. HTH, Mike.

THANKS- sounds nice and easy..I like that!

Brian

Silvercrow1
04-05-2016, 12:06 AM
[QUOTE=Silvercrow1;361286]Hi All! Well, I just got my old .223 LA 110 pillar bedded and as a final "thing" I'm wondering if I can somehow convert it to a single shot ramp?

If you look into the actions of some of the older hunting rifles with heavy barrels on standard type actions, you will find the
ramp is made of wood. Mostly maple or walnut or I guess what ever was laying around at the time.
It would be easier to just buy one, but that wasent always the case and it is an option.

Thanks Yobuck! If I can't find a retail model I could try that. Although...experience tells me that I'm not all that great at fabrication...!

Brian

J.Baker
04-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Score High is the name of the manufacturer for the staggered feed single-shot ramps. Brownells, Midway and the like should have them.

short round
04-05-2016, 07:47 PM
Score High Gunsmithing has what has what your looking for.

J.Baker
04-05-2016, 08:13 PM
Score High Gunsmithing has what has what your looking for.

Score High, that's what I meant! LOL

Silvercrow1
04-06-2016, 01:40 PM
Score High, that's what I meant! LOL

THANKS! I'm looking...looks like the one for long action / short cartridges (?) is the one I'll need...mine is a long action .223 Rem. I sure am glad it's and easy mod; I had somewhat of a devil of a time with my recent pillar bedding job...came out great but some serious angst in the interim! LOL

Brian

DanSavage
04-06-2016, 05:48 PM
THANKS! I'm looking...looks like the one for long action / short cartridges (?) is the one I'll need...mine is a long action .223 Rem. I sure am glad it's and easy mod; I had somewhat of a devil of a time with my recent pillar bedding job...came out great but some serious angst in the interim! LOL

Brian

I bought the wrong one for mine, I bought the long action, long cartridge, and my 110 was a .243 Win. I just cut the end off to fit!

It sounds like you have the right one picked out though.:first:

Randyc
04-07-2016, 10:22 PM
I just bought and installed the Score High follower, easy install, worked great......I can fab many things, but for the cost you can't go wrong buying one.