PDA

View Full Version : Looking for nice lightweight stock for 11

grouse
04-02-2016, 10:10 PM
Looking for a light weight stock for a light build on a model 11. Suggestions?

jpdown
04-03-2016, 01:05 PM
The Savage factory synthetic stocks are the lightest. The Savage LWH and Lady Hunter stocks are about the same weight, but are very hard to find used. A Savage factory hardwood or walnut stock are lighter than laminated wood stocks. Blind magazine stocks are lighter than DBM stocks with metal bottom parts. Numrich Gun Parts is a good place to start if your budget is limited. Look at the Manners stock selection if you want a light composite stock and cost is not a limiting factor. The Bell & Carlson Medalist Classic may be a good compromise. My advice based on trying to build a LW Savage rifle is to just buy a Savage 11 LWH to begin with and be done. You won't be able to build a lighter, more accurate rifle for the money.

Tarheelpwr
05-10-2016, 07:51 PM
Check out BettinCustomGuns. I just got my 16 LWH back. Stock was 25oz with decelerator. It's hand laid CF. it's the BEST fitting stock I've ever handled. Full rig weighs 6#13oz with Talleys and 3-9 Trijicon.

If you check out prices, make sure you're aware that it includes bedding and cerakote on the metal.

Tarheelpwr
05-10-2016, 07:53 PM
The Savage LWH and Lady Hunter stocks are about the same weight, e y.

Not to hi-jack the thread, but do the lady Hunter stocks have enough material to open up for a factory 16 sporter barrel? I know the lady Hunter is lighter contour barrel.

jpdown
05-10-2016, 11:05 PM
Yes, the LWH and Lady Hunter stocks require only a little sanding at the forearm tip to accept a 22" Savage factory sporter barrel.

grouse
05-10-2016, 11:13 PM
Check out BettinCustomGuns. I just got my 16 LWH back. Stock was 25oz with decelerator. It's hand laid CF. it's the BEST fitting stock I've ever handled. Full rig weighs 6#13oz with Talleys and 3-9 Trijicon.

If you check out prices, make sure you're aware that it includes bedding and cerakote on the metal.

I don't see any prices except for complete guns

Tarheelpwr
05-11-2016, 07:03 AM
The Savage factory synthetic stocks are the lightest. The Savage LWH and Lady Hunter stocks are about the same weight, but are very hard to find used. A Savage factory hardwood or walnut stock are lighter than laminated wood stocks. Blind magazine stocks are lighter than DBM stocks with metal bottom parts. Numrich Gun Parts is a good place to start if your budget is limited. Look at the Manners stock selection if you want a light composite stock and cost is not a limiting factor. The Bell & Carlson Medalist Classic may be a good compromise. My advice based on trying to build a LW Savage rifle is to just buy a Savage 11 LWH to begin with and be done. You won't be able to build a lighter, more accurate rifle for the money.

$750 including bedding and Cerakoted metal and stock painted. So I figure about $300 for the stock. If you go to the stock tab, all the details are there. I went all purpose and it's perfect for scope use.

http://www.bettincustomguns.com/custom-rifle-stocks.html

jbjh
05-14-2016, 03:20 AM
I love my Manners stock. And their CS is amazing; Tom Manners did the work on mine personally. He's a really nice guy who makes a hell of a product.