PDA

View Full Version : Cadex OT Core build

Pages : 1 [2] 3

bearcatrp
04-22-2016, 08:35 PM
Got to the range last week when it was 30 degrees. Shot 10 rounds to get some chrono data and zero at 100 yards. Shoots fantastic. Ordered a replacement pad (half the size) and installed. Allot better now so will hang onto the PRS for now. Looking at a Burris XTR II 4x20 to replace the SWFA. Hope to get to the range next week. Weather will be warmer and can take my time enjoying shooting. So far, I think I did it right for a 6.5cm. Will post some range data next week. Thanks for the complements.

bearcatrp
05-03-2016, 09:01 AM
Have to take the chassis off to test it in the original chassis. Not grouping at all after 100 rounds. My 10T 308 was shooting tight groups from the 1st shot. Going to be pissed if its the chassis causing the issue.

bearcatrp
05-06-2016, 11:44 PM
Well, the groupings were a little better but not great. Will be taking my sled bed with on next range trip to rule out me screwing up. Am seriously considering putting the cadex on my 308 since its shooting great and the cadex was supposed to go on it from the beginning. May end up sending the creedmoor in to savage if the next range trip doesn't produce results.

bearcatrp
05-10-2016, 08:52 AM
Here is a target picture from my last range trip. Not happy. Top is with 140 ELD-M, Bottom is 129 SST. All commercial hornady ammo. Not happy. Sent this pic to savage with a message of my displeasure. Was hoping it would be a tac drive like my 10T 308. That rifle shoots great from the 1st shot. I did measure distance to the lands and measured the 140 ELD, being a match rounds need to be close to the lands. 2.860 for measurement to the lands and the 140 measured 2.820. But the SST should have grouped allot better. Bipod up front and sand bags in the rear. Savage is sending UPS to pick it up. Hopefully today. ( disregard the writing on target. Was load developing 208 ELD-M with the 308). Another note, this was with rifle in the savage chassis. Was worst in the cadex chassis.

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt92/bearcatrp/IMG_1475_zpstqgogcqq.jpg (http://s601.photobucket.com/user/bearcatrp/media/IMG_1475_zpstqgogcqq.jpg.html)

doctnj
05-14-2016, 06:38 PM
Glad you finally got it. In June Im changing my prs out to the fixed skeletonized cadex but stock. I cant seem to get the prs high enough to get a real solid cheek weld. It shows up even more at longer distances. Patrice gave me a good deal because of the grief I had gone through previously with trying to get another cadex chassis. I am paying full msrp on the but stock and he is throwing in the competition for end for free. I like the longer for end on the competition chassis as well as the mirage blocking effects that apparently are built in i.e. solid top.

bearcatrp
05-14-2016, 08:53 PM
The rifle should arrive at savage monday. Was told 3 weeks turn around. Which gen PRS do you have? Should crank up fairly well. Cadex (patrice) is a great guy to work with. He convinced me (reduced price) to get mine after the crap I went through with Drake Associates. Nice discount. Told him about the accuracy issue I was having so he is willing to help. Will see what savage does 1st. Post a pic after you get yours together. Currently on the hunt for a Burris 4-20x50 SCR MOA which seems impossible to find.

doctnj
05-15-2016, 10:48 AM
I have no idea what gen it is. When I first got it I sent mag pul CS an email about it and got no response. It is a little different from the others. But of course they are pretty much all different. This one has a plastic rail on the bottom and no shoe that can slide over it. I found that to be odd. I thought it might be a clone since my **** bipod the builder put on my rifle was a clone and not the real thing. How ever it does have magpul prs marking on both
sides like the others. But even that is no guarantee against clones. Atlas is getting cloned left and right and they put atlas on the clones. It stops a good half inch or so shorter than the others that I own.
I was looking at your box o stuff. Did they send you a qd sling connector for the for end? I having to order one as I never got one. Guess my builder didnt want to mess with the trouble of putting on all those extra parts he got in the box with the chassis.
The qd issue is also one of the reasons I want to change out the prs. There is no qd flush cups on the but stock. They do make an after market add on that hangs out over the adjustment wheel for the lop. I look at my wife's AI we just got and she has like 10 options front and back as far as flush cups go. Its crazy. I would just steal one of the rail sections except its m lock and that wont work on cadex for end. That is one area where cadex needs to catch up to the industry. Everything is going m lock etc and they are remaining straight slots. Very few options left for that unless im missing something.

I think my final set up will be sweet though. Pretty excited to get it all together. I do custom paint jobs on many of my rifles and would do one on this one except I dont want to wait on the drying time. I use the stuff from Brownells, the alumahyde because its tough a nails but it takes two weeks to cure.

bearcatrp
05-15-2016, 01:27 PM
If your PRS looks like mine, its a gen II. Since mine is off, will go extend it and post a pic. Haven't raised mine all the way but now am curious to see. Still think it looks like an ore on mine. Got to handle a Luth AR stock recently I may consider. XLR has some nice options too. Want to fund my optics first. The ones I want are out of stock everywhere. The Burris is my 1st choice. Just came across a RPR in 243 I could grab. Turned it down since I purchased the 10T 6.5. Wanted one of those bad when they came out but gave up after not being able to find one. Dam gougers sure reamed allot of folks. Seen some pay over $1500 for a $1200 rifle. Nuts. I pass on that crap.

bearcatrp
05-15-2016, 01:55 PM
Here is my PRS. Not very high at all when extended.
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt92/bearcatrp/IMG_1489_zpszi4aa4uh.jpg (http://s601.photobucket.com/user/bearcatrp/media/IMG_1489_zpszi4aa4uh.jpg.html)

doctnj
05-15-2016, 03:19 PM
Here is a pic of my prs adjusted all the way up.

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w435/doctnj/Mobile%20Uploads/20160515_132828.jpg

bearcatrp
05-15-2016, 06:31 PM
Same as mine. Gen II from what I know. The Luth AR is a inch or so smaller than the PRS. Not sure on the XLR...
https://xlrindustries.com/collections/buttstocks

doctnj
05-16-2016, 07:01 AM
I had looked at those before I decided to go back to cadex. I wasnt sure if the cowl came up high enough either. If the picture shows it all the way up it would be close. I would hate to get it all the way here and then find out its too short. I have very long arms so my LOP also has to be quite long. The prs is all the way out and it just barely hits it right. I know that its also just a picture, but on the cadex, if you follow the top line of the receiver back and measure up from there it looks like the cowl comes up higher. Also, I dont know how it hits you in prone but the top of the prs but hits right on my collar bone in a one point contact. I would like more adjust-ability to get more shoulder contact in prone. After several shots of the top edge hitting your collar bone you just dont want to pull the trigger again.

bearcatrp
05-16-2016, 08:10 AM
Ouch. That sucks. Don't think there is anything longer out there. I shoot off the bench. I do have a suggestion for you. Might help. I removed a very thick butt pad from my PRS. Got the entire PRS with pad from zel. http://www.tactilite.com/Magpul-PRS-Stock-with-Pachmayr-Pad-p/rp-0034.htm . Have it for sale on ar15.com, http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_47/1540364_PRS_HEAVY_butt_pad.html . Removed it to shorten up the stock. If your interested, can send it to you to try. If it works, send me the money. If not, send it back. Can take a pic with ruler over it to show how thick it is. Once I put this on my 50BMG, could shoot all day. Let me know if your interested. You won't have that top edge hurting anymore. Its all pad.

doctnj
05-16-2016, 08:52 AM
Thanks but I've already ordered the cadex stock. Should get it mid June.

bearcatrp
05-16-2016, 09:16 AM
I checked with cadex about there stocks for my OT core. Won't work. Look good though. Just got an email from swfa that they have the Burris 4-20x59 SCR MOA in stock. No one else has it. But they want full price of $1149.00 for it. Found a place that sells it for around $900 but out of stock, like everyone else. Hate paying full price on anything. Hope your cadex stock works for you.

doctnj
05-17-2016, 10:15 AM
Update. Patrice just sent me an email with invoice so I guess its ready to go. Or he is just ready for money. Have to check with the boss and see if I can squeeze in on my play budget before planned. I get a bonus first week of June and was telling Patrice that was my go date. Oh well Ill be glad to take ownership of it early. Ill be recovering from a medical procedure and that will give me something to look forward to. Also I can mitigate some of the costs by selling my prs stock. I was thinking an easy 150 bucks.. virtually new.

bearcatrp
05-17-2016, 02:55 PM
Great to hear. Good luck trying to sell the prs as I tried with no luck. Won't sell it for a big loss. Will be waiting to see how it looks. Am trying to decide if I want to put my cadex on my 308 or wait for my creedmoor to come back. Have a shot at grabbing a RPR in 243 but would need to sell the creedmoor to help pay for it. Would want to rebarrel it if I did. The scope I thought they had in for me was wrong reticle so back hunting for that.

bearcatrp
06-10-2016, 02:42 PM
After 3 weeks of savage checking out my rifle, its on its way back. Lady I talked to said they shot .9 groupings at there 100 yard range. Guess i will try again to see if I have the same issue. Have some Hornady 143 ELD-X to try it with. Will leave factory stock on it. If it shoots good, will put the cadex back on it. If not, the cadex will go on the 308 and either sell the creedmoor or order another barrel.

doctnj
06-10-2016, 03:38 PM
Well I did sell the prs. Waiting on money order. Ran home at lunch today just to check out the new fore end and but stock. Before I knew it is had it torn down and but stock on. The new fore end mates up with the cadex rail a little differently so I have yet to take the rail off. It takes a tiny star driver that I don't have. I tried to cheat with an Allen but it slipped so I just stopped. Won't be till Sunday afternoon before I have a chance to finish it up but the but stock is awesome!

doctnj
06-10-2016, 04:10 PM
It's a little concerning when I look at all the parts scattered all over the table and knowing it used to shoot bug holes.