PDA

View Full Version : First barrel swap

Pages : 1 [2]

Thumper76
07-20-2016, 03:34 PM
Iowa Fox, I ended up using a little bit of the aluminum anti-sneeze on the threads. I looked around for some of the nickel based stuff, but didn't have any luck. As far as torque specs, two whacks with a hard rubber mallet.....which is pretty much what it took to break the factory nut loose. I didn't lay into it like Thor or anything, just two firm whacks.

Yeah, I was really amazed that floating the tang would have that much effect on accuracy. I was always under the impression that as long as the barrel is floated, all would be good. I had read several times about floating the tang, and the effects of pressure being placed on it, and thinking it was a bunch of hooey........lesson learned there!

Iowa Fox
07-20-2016, 05:08 PM
Iowa Fox, I ended up using a little bit of the aluminum anti-sneeze on the threads. I looked around for some of the nickel based stuff, but didn't have any luck. As far as torque specs, two whacks with a hard rubber mallet.....which is pretty much what it took to break the factory nut loose. I didn't lay into it like Thor or anything, just two firm whacks.

Yeah, I was really amazed that floating the tang would have that much effect on accuracy. I was always under the impression that as long as the barrel is floated, all would be good. I had read several times about floating the tang, and the effects of pressure being placed on it, and thinking it was a bunch of hooey........lesson learned there!

Thanks Thumper.