PDA

View Full Version : Model 10fp accutrigger

dakota954
07-08-2010, 06:51 PM
I was looking at new triggers and I figured it'd be simpler if I could take the accutrigger off. I want to remove the little safety tab thing. I have nothing against the triggers I just want to try it without the safety device. How can I remove the safety thing? Is it simple?

gunz
07-08-2010, 07:20 PM
That is not a "safety thing" it is a set trigger. You will be, IMO, compromising the safety of the rifle if you remove it. The safety is located on the tang of the receiver.

sharpshooter
07-08-2010, 11:07 PM
First of all, it IS a safety thing, and second it is NOT a set trigger. The safety blade insures no accidental dischages if the trigger is not deliberately pulled. Removing the blade will negate the safety feature and if the bolt handle is cycled too rough, it WILL fire. Better off leave it alone!

dakota954
07-08-2010, 11:10 PM
thanks sharpshooter. What is a good trigger as a replacement? I like a light trigger pull with some travel to it

82boy
07-09-2010, 10:50 AM
thanks sharpshooter. What is a good trigger as a replacement? I like a light trigger pull with some travel to it

Look at Sharpshooter's web site he makes and sells the best triggers ever made for a Savage.
http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/

dakota954
07-09-2010, 12:59 PM
i was looking at the competition trigger from sharpshooter supply. has anybody used this trigger? it looks like a really good trigger. would it be easy to install? it says its a drop in trigger. any instructions or tips on how to put a new trigger in would be great

82boy
07-09-2010, 02:37 PM
The Comp trigger is easy to install, and is a awesome trigger. It doesn't have much travel to it, but it is one of the best triggers around.

Galveston22
07-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Whats so difficult about taking up the slack (accutrigger safety blade) and squeezing the rest of the way. Pretty hard to beat a 1.5lb FACTORY trigger with no creep that breaks like glass dont you think?

dakota954
07-09-2010, 11:36 PM
Nothing is wrong with the trigger and it has suited me very well I'd just like to try something else

hailstone
07-10-2010, 02:13 AM
Having shot Savages with old three screw adjustable trigger, newer Accua-Triggers, Stevens non-adjustable and Sharp Shooters Supplys competition trigger there is no doubt as too which is the better trigger. In descending order of preferrance--SSS Competition, Accua-Trigger, Savage three screw and last place the Stevens non-adjustable. Also tried the Rifle Basix Sav-2 trigger and wasn't impressed by its installation, operation or adjustment.