PDA

View Full Version : Duracoat Aerosol

thatguyshm
03-23-2016, 11:00 PM
Hey there.

I just ordered one of the new 4 week aerosol cans of Duracoat in a kit from LaRue, and plan on painting my new build Combat Gray. I'm really excited about the amount of new colors you can get direct from them. Who has Duracoated their rifles? Do you do it by different parts or as a complete build?

I'm trying to decide if I should paint it together before I offically put it all together or paint it after I put it together and break it in. Its a 300 WM with a blended Vias brake, so when it gets shot out, just trying to figure out the tear down procedure.

My last build I had ceracoated, and they did it as a complete rifle, but this one will be done by me, since I assume my first build won't ever need a new barrel. Its a hunting 338-06.

Thanks

SHM

foxx
03-24-2016, 01:36 AM
I have done it both ways. It's definitely easier doing it as one complete rifle. If you do it as one complete rifle, though, and swap out parts or tear-down and reassemble, they might not match-up well because they may not go back together precisely the same way. SOmetimes I do the parts separately then assemble and top-off with one light coat over the assembled rifle.