PDA

View Full Version : Please Help! Savage 450 build.

8ballcustomz
03-23-2016, 04:19 PM
Hey guys I'm no stranger to the 450 cartridge and the loads of fun it can be, I have 30+ AR builds under my belt. However I am new to the bolt gun builds and I think I screwed up pretty good. Picked up a Savage 110 in 243 for my donor action. The first, and probably the last Savage in my safe among dozens of 700's. Didn't realize until I got home and did some research that I have a SA stagger feed long action/short action on my hands. If I load the mag with 450 rounds they just pop back out. Is there a way to convert to center feed or am I up the creek without a paddle? Already purchased my barrel also.
8ballcustomz

Robinhood
03-23-2016, 05:29 PM
Those actions are great in certain applications, trade it off for what you want.

Warrick
03-23-2016, 08:03 PM
Hey guys I'm no stranger to the 450 cartridge and the loads of fun it can be, I have 30+ AR builds under my belt. However I am new to the bolt gun builds and I think I screwed up pretty good. Picked up a Savage 110 in 243 for my donor action. The first, and probably the last Savage in my safe among dozens of 700's. Didn't realize until I got home and did some research that I have a SA stagger feed long action/short action on my hands. If I load the mag with 450 rounds they just pop back out. Is there a way to convert to center feed or am I up the creek without a paddle? Already purchased my barrel also.
8ballcustomz

I built on a 110 myself and you can see my build thread in these forums. I took a 308 center feed magazine and epoxyed it into my magazine well in my stock. it took a little work to get it to work but it feeds great.

I also have some videos on you tube under warrick county outdoors showing the build.

shagerott
03-23-2016, 09:03 PM
I wonder if one of the CF magazines with the tab that goes under the rear action screw would work. I saw one in a stock on *bay. Then it could be removed without the epoxy work.