PDA

View Full Version : Question on the Bell & Carlson Stock for a Savage Model 11 Hog Hunter 308

babo
03-21-2016, 07:40 PM
Hey shooters! New on the forum here but been lurking around.

I want to buy a new stock for my Hog hunter Sku#19662. I liked the B&C M40 style specifically this one: http://www.tacticalworks.com/Savage-Medalist-SA-DBM-M40-Style-Stock-Black-by-Bell-and-Carlson.html

The description says it has an full length aluminium bedding stock, and its for the factory detachable magazine with top bolt release. so does that mean it pretty much is a drop in and all i really need are some rounds and Mags? Or do i still have to order a CDiPrecision: http://www.cdiprecisiongunworksstore.com/savage-model-10-series-short-action-center-feed-4-400-dbm-stevens-200/

Any help would be appreciated!

clintsrv
03-21-2016, 07:52 PM
If you purchase that stock for the HH rifle, it'll be a drop in. You will need to purchase either factory bottom metal, DBM or HFP. If you choose the CDI bottom there may be minor mods needed for perfect fit. Either would make a great choice and the stock is a quality piece.

I just picked on up and I'll be keeping it.

On the factory bottom, you just need the surround and mag plate or the complete HFP. Your mag and spring/follower from the HH will be used to complete the components needed.

babo
03-22-2016, 11:01 AM
If you purchase that stock for the HH rifle, it'll be a drop in. You will need to purchase either factory bottom metal, DBM or HFP. If you choose the CDI bottom there may be minor mods needed for perfect fit. Either would make a great choice and the stock is a quality piece.

I just picked on up and I'll be keeping it.

On the factory bottom, you just need the surround and mag plate or the complete HFP. Your mag and spring/follower from the HH will be used to complete the components needed.

Thanks clint! do you know if the stock uses aics magazines?

clintsrv
03-22-2016, 11:36 AM
The magazine design is based on the bottom metal you choose not the stock. The inlet for the aftermarket bottoms, which use AI style mags, is very close to the inlet for Savage factory bottom metals.

CDI is a great choice to run AI style mags.
Accurate Mag has a bottom that was OEM on certain Savage rifles for a spell. They are a drop in and use AI style mags.