PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: clip problem - Mark II 22 LR

Al in SC
03-20-2016, 07:01 PM
The clip refuses to hold cartridges when I try feeding them into it. They just flip out the top of the clip
as fast as I try to put hem into it. Where can I find a stainless clip for it and is this problem inherent
to these clips? Thanks.

pwrdbytrd
03-20-2016, 07:14 PM
The clip refuses to hold cartridges when I try feeding them into it. They just flip out the top of the clip
as fast as I try to put hem into it. Where can I find a stainless clip for it and is this problem inherent
to these clips? Thanks.
I buy mine on ebay. Patience resulted in $16 each for 6 new mags. No problems with mine but they're built from cheap metal and the lips can bend.

Look for 'savage 90007'

Al in SC
03-21-2016, 10:51 AM
I think, or HOPE, I have solved the problem. The CLIP has a wall on each side of the cartridge. The top of each of these walls is bent slightly inward so as to partially encircle the top of the top cartridge, thus holding the cartridges in the CLIP. I used pliers to bend the top of each CLIP wall inward a bit more so as to give each side wall more grip on the top cartridge. So far it is working and the bolt feeds as it should ... SO .... problem solved I HOPE.

Thanks for the info.

penna shooter
03-22-2016, 09:13 AM
Old skool......Clip.....he-he