PDA

View Full Version : Savage 11 ?

rebs
03-20-2016, 01:30 PM
Can you guys educate me on the Savage 11 that comes with the Nikon 3-9x40 scope ? So far all I have been told is that I would be better off buying this rifle instead of the Axis or Asix II and having to buy a Boyds stock.

olddav
03-20-2016, 04:18 PM
There are answers to all your questions on this web site. I would encourage you to take a look at the FAQ's and use the search fuction of this site. I'm only suggesting this because I'm too lazy to cover all the information you are looking for.

olddav
03-20-2016, 04:18 PM
oops wrong thread!

olddav
03-20-2016, 09:10 PM
not enough info about the rifle. Does it have a plastic or wood stock, what kind of trigger does it have, what do you want to do with it?

foxx
03-20-2016, 09:16 PM
Sounds like you are talking about the Trophy Hunter Package.

Personally, I think it comes down to whether you like the scope or not. It's a decent scope, maybe comparable to reasonable $100 scopes out there. If you don't want the scope, I would recommend you go with an Axis and replace the stock with Boyds stock. My biggest complaint with the Axis is the detachable mag set-up is fairly cheap, but it is the same one that comes with the Model 11 Trophy Hunter Package. I am aware of Axis HB models available for less than $300 shipped. Pretty good price. Add a wood laminate and for less than $450 you have a heck of a nice shooter.

rebs
03-21-2016, 05:29 AM
Thank you foxx I will mainly shoot it at our club range 50 to 300 yds with an occasional trip for chucks.
The one I am looking at comes with a synthetic stock and Nikon 3-9x40 scope. It has an accutrigger but not an accustock.

strut64
03-21-2016, 08:18 AM
I Have a mod 11 trophy hunter I got in the trade. Chambered in 204 Ruger. It is a good shooting little rig. The Nikon Scope was OK but for Varmint use I swapped it for a 4-12 I had on another rig. I can't speak about either Axis since I have never had a chance to work with one. My original intent was to convert the rifle to 17 fireball but I made the mistake of shooting it. With Hornady factor ammo it was better than 1 MOA. I guess I will get back to it when the 204 barrel is shot out.