PDA

View Full Version : First build older Savage 110

Randyc
03-20-2016, 12:37 PM
Het guys,
this is my first build, I picked up a savage 110, older than I originally was told. But anyway it has the scope bases "made on " the action. I bought an accustock on eBay, and found out the hard way the differences in top , bottom bolt release ETC. Lessons learned are good lessons. Made a slight mod to accommodate the top release with a dreamer and Was quite easy actually.
Questions

my serial number is (like but not real) F021032 how can I find info on my rifle?

olddav
03-20-2016, 04:20 PM
There are answers to all your questions on this web site. I would encourage you to take a look at the FAQ's and use the search fuction of this site. I'm only suggesting this because I'm too lazy to cover all the information you are looking for.

Bolthead
03-20-2016, 07:17 PM
Congratulations on the "New" rifle. As Dav said, there is a wealth of information on this site about Savage arms. What are you planning to build?

Randyc
03-21-2016, 08:12 AM
I have been reading here and on other sites and have found answers to most of my questions, this first rifle is going to be :

Savage 110 LA (older action F023031)
Accustock
SWFA 10X42 SS
Warne rings
lightened factory trigger
Bison gun works 7mm08 1:9 twist barrel
168gr Berger VLD's
39ish gr. Varget
CCI 200 primer

any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated,
only trouble I am having right now is finding bottom metal without selling my Harley to get it....ha ha
that stuff is high rent.