PDA

View Full Version : Want to see and know about modifications to your 10/110

eric.romig.9
03-19-2016, 05:54 PM
Just had my custom 10FLP out to the range. It's a work in progress.
So far:
Choate stock, Shilen select match barrel 1:10 twist 20", weaver 20 MOA base, badger heavy rings, and Leupold 12x fixed power scope.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160319/7cfb7c66ce949e6c65e490a1241c9d1c.jpg
I haven't modified the action or trigger except to switch out the bolt handle.

I am looking to wring more accuracy any suggestions?

Robinhood
03-19-2016, 07:17 PM
Reload. Berger bullets. 4064.

eric.romig.9
03-19-2016, 11:14 PM
Robinhood, I know you are right. Reloading is too big a commitment for me at the moment, time and space to setup. For now I'll have to use the high end match ammo (federal premium, black hills match, etc.) and practice more.

bossmav
03-20-2016, 04:06 PM
You can only get so much out of factory loads no matter how many mods you do to the system but match grade ammo will help along with trigger time, more trigger time the better shooter you should become.

Go luck to you sir.

WinnieTheBoom
03-20-2016, 08:45 PM
Robinhood, I know you are right. Reloading is too big a commitment for me at the moment, time and space to setup. For now I'll have to use the high end match ammo (federal premium, black hills match, etc.) and practice more.

This is only a constraint if you allow it to be. When I first started reloading it was in a one bedroom apartment. I was able to get a small utility table and mount everything I needed while taking up minimal room. I even headspaced a few barrels on that little thing. Shooters truly interested in getting the best performance out of their rifles reload their own rounds, simple as that. If you have time to go to the range, you have time to reload. This is one of those instances where 'if there's a will there's a way' is very relevant...

Nice rifle!