PDA

View Full Version : accustock issues?????

Pages : 1 [2] 3

jeffc2x
07-11-2010, 10:25 PM
I put the accuwedge back in and loaded up some 55 gr. bullets after the weather cooled down a bit.I loaded some Reminton HP's and Nosler Balistic tips with 25 grs of Winchester 748.They grouped really good.So I think when it's hotter than hell outside and humid it really affects accuracy.I may be wrong,but just my opinion.Also I loaded the ammo going by the Sierra load book for the C.O.L ,and the REM bullets had a canlure.I thught about ordering some WIN.46 gr.HP'S to try,because thr white box ammo shot so well.Anybody tried these?
THANKS JEFF

jdg
07-13-2010, 05:25 AM
consistently groups at 3/8 to 1/2 inch at 300 yards no problems. Thats some remarkable accuracy!!!! Well done :)

bodywerks
07-13-2010, 11:46 PM
+1

viper9696
07-14-2010, 01:30 AM
MAYBE. moa. But NOT inches. 3/8 moa at 300 is one heck of a shooter and no wind

hailstone
07-14-2010, 08:16 AM
Probably like the shooters that occassionally show up at the local range. They look at targets set up, ask the range and when told don't believe its only 100 yards. Out pheasant hunting with a party of out staters when one made comment about shooting a deer half mile away. Pointed to a tree in the distance and said too him that he hit a deer that far away. Oh! Not that far! Then how far? He pointed to another feature and guessed it was approximate same distance. Then I told him the tree was a half mile and his object was about 250 yards away. He then disputed my information. At that point had to go into a long explanation how land was measured and set up. That I had been farming that land nearly my whole life and that I know what a quarter, half and full mile looks like. We happen to be standing on the road of the section line and that tree was in fence line of the half section. Still didn't believe me.

MSG Janoski
07-14-2010, 10:02 AM
[quote] consistently groups at 3/8 to 1/2 inch at 300 yards no problems.
I'm calling BS...show me the targets.

hi-teck,
Come on out to the facility I can show you and perhaps myself or one of the other two instructors can help you out if your long range shooting needs a tune-up!

Rockin-R-Ranch
Contracted Shooting Facility U.S. Army Special Forces Command
Long Range Rifle, Combat Pistol and Recon

We are south of Nashville, TN

MZ5
07-14-2010, 04:34 PM
jeffc2x, you might consider working up to a heavier powder charge with 748 and 55-grainers. 26.6 grains of 748 is a known OCW charge weight with 55s. Unless Hodgy or General Dynamics has been messing with the burn rate, or you have a specific circumstance with your rifle that develops excess pressure near that charge, that should shoot well in most any 223 Rem rifle. It's possible that you're seeing inconsistent ignition or burning due partly to somewhat low pressure?

As to the WWB ammo-- They might use anything, but it's most likely 748 or a non-canister-grade lot that's roughly equivalent.

sharpshooter
07-15-2010, 12:39 AM
[quote] consistently groups at 3/8 to 1/2 inch at 300 yards no problems.
I'm calling BS...show me the targets.

I'd like to see those targets,also. A claim like that needs to be documented and recorded in the hall of fame. That would have to be some sort of World record,IF it actually happened.

range rat
07-15-2010, 05:51 PM
I also laughed at that comment. Let me guess, you shot off the hood of a hummer while dodging machine gun fire. Somebody been watching too much TV ::)

bodywerks
07-15-2010, 11:51 PM
I'd buy 3/8 to 1/2 MOA @ 300yards, and be impressed, but 3/8-1/2" is mall ninja talk...

longpoker
07-17-2010, 06:24 PM
I just ordered MIII long range hunter in 6.5x.284 Norma with the accustock,I hope I don,t have the problems that I have read here on this thread.
Be sure if I have any I will let you all know.
Here,s hopping.

whit
07-20-2010, 06:44 PM
I ordered a 116flcss from Savage about 10 weeks ago and I talked to Effie about 2 weeks ago to get an update on it. She told me that Savage was waiting for an improved Accustock to come in. As of today, they still had not recieved that shipment but they are expecting next week. My rifle is ready except for the stock. I will try to post some pictures of the stock when I finally get it.

longpoker
07-22-2010, 07:50 PM
:o New and improved HUMM,That doesn,t sound good, if there is a problem. I guess they have had complaints on The Accustock. Lets hope they solve the problem.

eight_heads
07-22-2010, 08:20 PM
i wonder if it's just a new stock shape for that model and not an actual accustock change

whit
08-08-2010, 05:16 PM
:'( I am still waiting for my rifle.

wahoowad
08-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Is the accuwedge = accustock? ??? Or is it just one piece of the overall accustock system, with the remaining parts still providing a better stock? I'm trying to decide between two of the Predator Hunter models - one with accustock, one without.

82boy
08-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Is the accuwedge = accustock? ??? Or is it just one piece of the overall accustock system, with the remaining parts still providing a better stock? I'm trying to decide between two of the Predator Hunter models - one with accustock, one without.

No the accuwedge is just a small part that locks the recoil lug back against the the lug shelf, it does the same thing as tightening the actions screws with the gun upright on the recoil pad. The accu-stock is a aluminum bedding area, that stiffen up the forearm of the rifle. It is a slight improvement over the factory plastic stocks, but is it worth the extra cash,IMO no it is not. The accu-stock is a far cry away from a HS precision, a wood stock, or other quality stocks.

wahoowad
08-09-2010, 11:09 AM
[quote=82boy ]

Thanks 82boy,

I ask as the Predator line has one version with the accustock (Hunter Max 1) and one without (Hunter Brush) yet I have been quoted the same price to purchase either. I had been told the Brush model without the accustock was very accurate so I figured the accustock model would be even better. I see it is a heavier gun too so perhaps I will go with the lighter Brush model without the accustock. Any opinions on these guns with regard to accustock?

82boy
08-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Heck if they are the same price I think I would get the accu-stock one, the accu-stock is slightly better than the factory plastic stock. This would be a benefit if you plan of shooting it off of a bi-pod. I would say differently if you plan of modifying the gun, and changing out the stock. I would go for the other one, do to stock availability.

duhast
08-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Heck if they are the same price I think I would get the accu-stock one, the accu-stock is slightly better than the factory plastic stock. This would be a benefit if you plan of shooting it off of a bi-pod. I would say differently if you plan of modifying the gun, and changing out the stock. I would go for the other one, do to stock availability.

Grrrrrrr.... I wish I'd found this a couple weeks ago, before I'd dropped the cash.

Although it does seem hit-and-miss. Are there instructions here somewhere for epoxy bedding the accustock if it becomes necessary?