PDA

View Full Version : Model 10 FLCP-K Problem

Primer
07-07-2010, 01:49 PM
I've had my FLCP-K in .308 out twice now. Unbelievable gun so far. Having one problem though: after first or second shot, the bolt fails to pick up the next cartridge. I have shot three separate makes of ammo (Horandy, Black Hills and Federal) and have the same problem with all. Most commonly occurs after the first shot. I then remove the magazine, push the remaining cartridges down and make sure they are properly seated, reinsert the magazine and it cycles just fine. Any ideas?

bodywerks
07-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Your magazine probably isn't locked into the receiver properly. You need to insert the magazine front end down, allowing the rear to go up until it stops, and then tilt the front end up until it locks. I had this happen a few times as well. The magazine will lock in without the rear end being properly seated. We are only talking about 1/16' difference between fully seated and not but it makes all the difference...

Primer
07-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I spoke with Fred at SSS this afternoon and he came to a similar conclusion. He described a hook on the rear of the magazine that must be engaged properly as well as they obvious clip on the front. I will give it a try, thanks again!