PDA

View Full Version : Intro from up north

bigredchev
03-11-2016, 10:17 PM
Hello fellow shooters,

Seeing as how its standard to do a little intro here I am. I'm from outside Vancouver, BC Canada. I'm into fall and spring hunting: from fall moose, deer, black bears to big grizzlies to spring black bears I am always trying to spend more time in the bush.
A little salt water salmon and hali fishing never hurt anyone either.

I'm new to savage rifles but not new to rifles. I am guilty of changing rifles more than underwear: I've had several rem 700s, xbolt, rugers, own a couple savages and some shotguns for water fowling when time permits. I have a 223 axis that puts high end rifles to shame in a heartbeat that shoots as good as the person behind the scope and then some.

I recently picked up a 114 American classic SS in 300 win mag for my fall moose/grizz boating trips and am just getting it tuned. I do like the smooth action and lock up, and the detachable magazine is excellent for in and out of the jet boat. I must admit there are some complains as the recoil pad is a hockey puck and the accu trigger isn't my favoirite but those are easy fixes.

By trade I am a HD mechanic working on all types of machinery and look forward to being apart of here as much as the local and national forums I'm on currently.

penna shooter
03-11-2016, 10:19 PM
Welcome from Gettysburg, Pa

drybean
03-11-2016, 10:45 PM
Welcome aboard

Rick_W
03-12-2016, 05:25 PM
Welcome

Hotolds442
03-16-2016, 12:05 PM
Welcome!

scooterf79
03-16-2016, 02:06 PM
Welcome to the forum!
The 300 should do nicely on them critters!
Scooter